Hi All
    Just finished rooting my phone using superoneclick and I guess it worked. I have a droid x running 2.2. When I tap on Busybox 1.17.1 I get Status:waiting.. your phone is rooted, Busybox not found. I tap install but nothing happens. I get message saying application failed.
    BArnacle wifi tether doesnt work either. Barnacle did work when I was running a rooted 2.1
    Not sure what to do next. It seems I am rooted but rooted apps are not working.
    Any help is appreciated

Al
    10-28-2010 05:45 PM
    Why don't you try downloading Titanium Backup (it's free) and when you launch it, click the Problems button (I think on the bottom right of the screen). It checks to see if you have busybox installed and if it's the latest version, if not, it downloads and installs it. Titanium is a great app to have anyway.

As for tethering, I've had times when I could not get Barnacle to work. Try Wireless Tether (also free). It has always worked for me 100% of the time.
    10-28-2010 07:15 PM
    After running superoneclick, I got a message saying "Rooted" yet any rooted apps I dl dont work. The message always says your device needs root!
    What am I doing wrong?
    I've tried using superoneclick several times with different cables and different USB ports and I get the device rooted message everytime.
    Getting frustrating!
    10-28-2010 08:32 PM
    Have you tried rooting again to see if it just didnt take, even though it said you are rooted it sounds like it didnt work and IIRC some people said it took 2-3 times before the root took.

I think it took me 2 times before my phone actually was rooted but I do not remember if it said it rooted or not
    10-29-2010 08:29 AM
    If you cannot run rooted apps , you are not rooted. Redo your root process and try again to run root only apps.
    10-29-2010 07:26 PM
    After running superoneclick, I got a message saying "Rooted" yet any rooted apps I dl dont work. The message always says your device needs root!
    What am I doing wrong?
    I've tried using superoneclick several times with different cables and different USB ports and I get the device rooted message everytime.
    Getting frustrating!
    Check your SUperuser settings and make sure the apps in question are allowed.
    11-03-2010 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD