Droid X 3G mobile hot Spot

lpruitt2010

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my Droid X and I was wondering if there is any App/Hack that I can get to so I dont have to pay for the 3G Mobile Hotspot. I'm Very new to all this and I was just wondering if its possible.

Thanks.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you root your phone (it's easy to do and it's free), you can download a free app called Wireless Tether that will let you use your X as a wifi hotspot for free. There are a number of dedicated pages here about rooting (start here: http://www.androidcentral.com/root). It's only risky if you start deleting files and installing crazy stuff. I would place your risk factor for rooting and installing Wireless Tether at 0%.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
There is such a patch, but its one of the things we don't discuss.

I found that patch and tried posting about it but got the tap on the shoulder, oops.

Anyway, has anyone posted about the difference in speeds between the two (3GmobileVsWirelessTether), if any?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I tried em both and the 3Gmobile app was twice as fast.

I was wondering this... I have Wireless tether and its OK but I had tethering app on my other devices and the speeds was differently noticeable in Verizon's 3G app. I was wondering if this was a Droid X thing..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig