Bricked My X

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Tried putting a theme on my phone and wouldnt you know I bricked it. I haved rooted and put a custom rom on but the theme jack it up. It was stuck at the M logo so I put it in bootloader and tried the sbf gift to restore my phone but now its even worse off. The RSDlite says pass and says that everything has been done but when I look on my phone it reads.

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Please help me I have been fighting this thing for the last 4 hours with no luck.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Tried putting a theme on my phone and wouldnt you know I bricked it. I haved rooted and put a custom rom on but the theme jack it up. It was stuck at the M logo so I put it in bootloader and tried the sbf gift to restore my phone but now its even worse off. The RSDlite says pass and says that everything has been done but when I look on my phone it reads.

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Please help me I have been fighting this thing for the last 4 hours with no luck.

your using the wrong sbf. were you running leak oR ota 2.2
if you were on leak use the 2.1 sbf then will return to stock 2.1
if on OTA , you need to run the 2.2 sbf.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I was running OTA 2.2 and did not even think about that does anyone know where I can find the 2.2 sbf?

And sorry about posting in the wrong sub-forum

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay I fixed it I took this thing from a full super brick to fixed and now rooting it to get it back to where I had it before.

The way I fixed it (tried 3x to make sure it worked perfectly...i bricked a lot lol):

Open the folder RSDlite is in, and delete any files that start with a date and end in flexlog, ie "09_14_22_10_21_FlexLog".
Then delete any files that start with Flasherrorlog, like "FlashErrorLog09_14_22_10_21".
Uninstall the moto drivers via the install/uninstall exe
Uninstall RSDlite via the install/uninstall exe
You can restart your computer at this point if you want but I'm not sure its necessary
Reinstall moto drivers
Reinstall RSDlite, and don't forget to copy over the pst_flash file
Go into bootloader mode and flash the_gift w/ RSDlite. This can take ~15 minutes from clicking start to phone being rebooted

I'm not sure if all those steps are 100% necessary, but that's what definitely worked for me. If you're stuck and out of other options,
give it a try.

Reactions: Sandman333

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I bricked my x last night to , it was my bad but the good news is I fixed it by uisng RSDlite and the sbf file .

I was stuck on the M screen after I messed something up kinda freaked me out ,:p
I thought the vzw store might swap out with me last night but they would not ordered me on from insurance people suppose to come tomorrow but since I have my orginal fixed now I am keeping it .
Vzw couldn't fix it they looked like they didnt have a clue as to what to do .I didnt think I could myself but now I knew I had nothing to loose.

I use the one click root and just a newbie at the rooting side of things , oh I already got z4root on my phone(app drawer) just havent rooted yet but I will now that I can fix it. :D

I already purchased some root only prgms so not going to throw all that away , I was freaked for a while but I am ok now my dx is back alive hahahahaha :D

PS: oh and I also learned how to make it so vzw dont know you was rooted,,, as if they would :p

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc