has anyone tried Visionary?

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried Visionary?
Its a one-click app to root your device and its suppose to work on the X too.

Its in the market

Last edited:

Nailz509

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just used it last night, it worked perfectly. Absolutely no problems what-so-ever. I've been tinkering with it all day, its an exciting new world. :D

Nailz509

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
One thing to add. I did have to try it about three times. I received text messages during the first two which could have been the problem but it seemed to get caught in the updating stage. I was able to simply push the back button back to the main page. I rebooted, ran it again and it was done within three minutes. Great app!

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So if I use this app....is there other stuff I need to do? I've been trying not to root but there are a few things about it that really intrigue me...

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I've played with it a bit. The neatest thing is the wifi teather. Though I wont use it much, its cool to have.

Any neat things I can do now that im rooted??

Nailz509

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So if I use this app....is there other stuff I need to do? I've been trying not to root but there are a few things about it that really intrigue me...

Not as far as rooting goes, it does all of the work. I am only just getting into the roms and themes. I did all of the backup work but haven't actually tried installing anything major yet. Its nice to be able to block all of the bloatware though

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Not as far as rooting goes, it does all of the work. I am only just getting into the roms and themes. I did all of the backup work but haven't actually tried installing anything major yet. Its nice to be able to block all of the bloatware though

Well cool! My main fear was all that stuff I'd read about bootstrapping, backing up, bricking, etc....

Lonman06

Oct 29, 2010
lonman06.com

What are you using to back up all your system data such as homescreen, brightness settings, alert ect. J have been using titanium pro but just recentl found out that it only bald up my apps and their data but not everything else.

Nailz509

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
What are you using to back up all your system data such as homescreen, brightness settings, alert ect. J have been using titanium pro but just recentl found out that it only bald up my apps and their data but not everything else.

I just used Titanium, the apps and system data are all that I'm really concerned with. I'm an extreme newbie, maybe I'm missing something major that I should be doing. I did do the recommended backup via bootstrap, though. Just in case I managed to screw something up.

Nailz509

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Im confused. Does titanium back up system data such as ring tones, alert settings and homescreen setup?

The options that it gives are apps and system data but there isn't a specific breakdown of what that includes inside the actual app. I didn't really do a whole lot of searching since all of my custom ringtones and such were saved to my SD card and backed up on my computer.

Lonman06

Oct 29, 2010
lonman06.com
The options that it gives are apps and system data but there isn't a specific breakdown of what that includes inside the actual app. I didn't really do a whole lot of searching since all of my custom ringtones and such were saved to my SD card and backed up on my computer.

What about all the general phone settings? When I did a backup on my blackberry all my settings would be restored when I upgraded to a new OS. I just want to make sure that if anything happens I can have a complete backup of all my phone settings, not just my apps and the settings inside of each app.

I hope I am making sense when I say "phone settings", I'm not really sure what to call them.

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you're talking about the root process with Visionary all I can say is that it worked great for me and with no real input from me. I felt the same way, believe me, but I'm already glad I did it.

well okay then....maybe I'll go for it tonight then! Where is a good starting place for things I can do after rooting? I know I've stumble across some accidentally, but since I wasn't/am not rooted, I didn't pay alot of attention....

Nailz509

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
What about all the general phone settings? When I did a backup on my blackberry all my settings would be restored when I upgraded to a new OS. I just want to make sure that if anything happens I can have a complete backup of all my phone settings, not just my apps and the settings inside of each app.
I hope I am making sense when I say "phone settings", I'm not really sure what to call them.

Just came from a Blackberry myself so I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I haven't had to restore yet so I don't know for sure. Its made to sound like it restores settings completely but I'm not quite ready to make that jump yet. It does restore Accounts, Bluetooth settings, Wifi settings, etc by default (I'm talking about Titanium) so I would assume it would handle most all of the typical settings we were concerned with on Blackberry. I know there is a separate option to backup contacts to your SD card, in case the Android backup option doesn't work, which is really the only data that i am genuinely concerned about losing.