ROM Manager question

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm really interested in installing a new ROM and I've been reading about it for a while, but I've got some questions:

-- I'm stock now, and I know I should back this up before installing a new ROM. Do I use ROM Manager to back up my stock set up? Is there a better program to use?

-- Will it be easy to go back to my stock set up in case I need to do so for any reason? Again, I use ROM Manager to revert to the original stock set up, right?

-- Do I need bootstrap for anything?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Hi all.

I'm really interested in installing a new ROM and I've been reading about it for a while, but I've got some questions:

-- I'm stock now, and I know I should back this up before installing a new ROM. Do I use ROM Manager to back up my stock set up? Is there a better program to use?

-- Will it be easy to go back to my stock set up in case I need to do so for any reason? Again, I use ROM Manager to revert to the original stock set up, right?

-- Do I need bootstrap for anything?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

You can make a backup with rom manager. Its really easy to restore and it only takes a few minutes. You will need bootstrapper to get the roms on the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You could. With bootstrapper you boot into recovery and can install from sd card any roms. bootstrapper is used to hijack the bootup so we can flash roms. Once installed make sure u click bootstrap recovery. You should get a success. Click ok. Then click reboot recovery to get into recovery. You can dl a rom in rom manager and after it dl you can click make a backup. It will then boot by its self if you wanted to load a new rom. If u skipped the bootstrap recovery the phone will just reboot and not flash the rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bleezy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21