I am fed up with waiting for Motorola to get the DroidX fixed, so I think I'm just going to root the phone and be done with it. I've wanted to since I bought it, but like a lot of people, I waited for 2.2 to come out. Now that it's out, it's not to my liking and I want to have my DX how I want it.

That being said, one thing I would like to do is increase the performance of the device once I'm rooted. I know I can freeze certain services and whatnot, but what else could one do to enhance the speed and/or performance of the DX while rooted?
    11-19-2010 09:54 AM
    SetCPU will give you great control over your CPU speeds under varying situations to get the best performance and battery life. Unstable apps DX/D2 Overclocker will give you a bit more speed. Mine runs perfectly at 1.2 ghz.
    11-19-2010 11:49 AM
    I am fed up with waiting for Motorola to get the DroidX fixed, so I think I'm just going to root the phone and be done with it. I've wanted to since I bought it, but like a lot of people, I waited for 2.2 to come out. Now that it's out, it's not to my liking and I want to have my DX how I want it.

That being said, one thing I would like to do is increase the performance of the device once I'm rooted. I know I can freeze certain services and whatnot, but what else could one do to enhance the speed and/or performance of the DX while rooted?
    Enhance the speed for what? This phone rocks at stock as it is, but if your looking to enhance just for hobbys sake then hey go for it, theres some nice overclocking apps out there to help. A nice BLURLESS Rom will help as well,
    11-20-2010 12:40 AM
    Enhance the speed for what? This phone rocks at stock as it is, but if your looking to enhance just for hobbys sake then hey go for it, theres some nice overclocking apps out there to help. A nice BLURLESS Rom will help as well,
    This. The phone rules stock, but you really can go as far as you want with it.

I'm running blueless here on rubix and have been overclocked to 1.3 ghz (up from 1.2) and undervolted all day without issue. Stable, no reboots. Not that it matters, but decent quadrant a few minutes ago...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-20-2010 01:08 AM
    This. The phone rules stock, but you really can go as far as you want with it.

I'm running blueless here on rubix and have been overclocked to 1.3 ghz (up from 1.2) and undervolted all day without issue. Stable, no reboots. Not that it matters, but decent quadrant a few minutes ago...

What battery icon is that? I like it
    11-20-2010 09:42 AM
    What battery icon is that? I like it
    It came with the latest version of the Black Juice green theme that is built specifically for rubix 1.8.6. There should be a blue one coming out any date now. You can grab the green one here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...d-1-8-6-a.html

11-20-2010 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD