Lonman06

Oct 29, 2010
lonman06.com
So I just downloaded setCPU from the marketplace and it seems to be working for underclocking my device when the screen is turned off.
However I can't seem to set it to overclock as it only let's me go up to 1000. Does anyone use this program anhas had success with overclocking?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You have to also have an overclocking app, like Unstable apps DX/D2 Overclocker. Then you can run SetCPU up to whatever the max you set in the overclocker.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have both apps. My X doesn't let me run at anything over 1ghz. Immediately it goes into turtle mode and I'm forced to revert back to stock settings. At 1ghz it still is fast enough but I would like to run as fast as I can. The only thing I was able to modify within the o clocker app was the battery voltage.

Bulldog60

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I D/L SetCPU and Droid overclocker today and ran them both. Neither one would let me overclock my CPU. They both installed ok and I have not had any other problems. I think they may not work with the new update although I did not see that clam in the app description. I have been looking almost all day for a solution. I am thinking a custom kernal might fix it but I am still checking on that. Actually I was about to post that very question. My Droid x is rooted and I am running the latest OTA update.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I D/L SetCPU and Droid overclocker today and ran them both. Neither one would let me overclock my CPU. They both installed ok and I have not had any other problems. I think they may not work with the new update although I did not see that clam in the app description. I have been looking almost all day for a solution. I am thinking a custom kernal might fix it but I am still checking on that. Actually I was about to post that very question. My Droid x is rooted and I am running the latest OTA update.

No custom kernals for us. I use the unstable overclock app with no issues with setcpu. All presets work and mostly keep it at 1.2. Try and set the oc to set on a delay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bulldog60

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I D/L Milestone and that seems to work. I haven't set it to load after boot but I will try that. I will give SetCPU and Droid overclocker another go with Delay setting and see what happens.

Bulldog60

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I must be missing something. I see no option on SetCPU or Droid Overclocker for a delay setting. May be the delay option is only on unstable overclocker app?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I must be missing something. I see no option on SetCPU or Droid Overclocker for a delay setting. May be the delay option is only on unstable overclocker app?

I know its on the unstable one.
aefc11a1-5f58-7361.jpg

Bulldog60

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I D/L Unstable app overclock and it did load. I was also able to set the cpu speed to 1.2 and then I did 1.1. But, I think the over clock is not working. When it loads after the 90 sec wait I immediately get a message saying something like "stopped oc" or something like that.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
May be my phone will not over clock. If I use a different rom I can get more speed?

Roms can give more speed depending on what they have in the rom. Less junk mean less cpu running = faster phone. Apex rom has a script in it to oc with no app in terminal. Try that out.

Bulldog60

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Roms can give more speed depending on what they have in the rom. Less junk mean less cpu running = faster phone. Apex rom has a script in it to oc with no app in terminal. Try that out.

Thanks I've looking at custom roms for about 2 hours now and am deciding on which rom I should try. Been looking real hard at GummyJAR but the gps, camera are not working corectlly as well as the HDMI and my ADW themes may not work. I am looking at Apex too. Thanks again.