To those much more knowledgeable than me,

I'm currently rooted and the only modification I've done to the phone is remove bloatware (the files are renamed on my SD card). For whatever reason, when I try to reinstall a previously removed app back to the phone (the app has been renamed to its correct file extension) the DX never sees the reapplied app, even after reboot.

I'm curious if a factory reset would alleviate my problem once I put all of the old bloatware back on the phone. I don't mind starting over again with the root process, but I need to know:

Will a factory reset remove root from the phone and let me start over?

Please help!
    12-01-2010 09:17 PM
    Factory should bring back to factory and everything lost like root. When u put them back are u using root explore?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    12-01-2010 09:56 PM
    Factory should bring back to factory and everything lost like root. When u put them back are u using root explore?

Yes I am moving them from the sdcard to the phone system via root explorer. From previous tuitorials I've watched from Cory Streater, he recommends just adding ".old" to the end of the file extension. It worked fine with my old Fascinate, but when I apply the process to the Droid X, the apps don't seem to reinstall.

Thanks for the recommendation, before the factory reset should I definitely reapply all the apps I've moved even though they don't seem to take? Or is there some kind of default cache with the apk's that is used when the phone is reset?

Ideally I would just like to figure out how to get the apps to work again instead of erasing the root, but I'll take what I can get. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.
    12-02-2010 05:20 PM
    Simple easy fix... sbf back to stock and root again. I too keep the files on the phone with a .bak at the end. Your going to start over anyway so an sbf will be easy.

SNDLC likes this.
    12-02-2010 06:33 PM
    Simple easy fix... sbf back to stock and root again. I too keep the files on the phone with a .bak at the end. Your going to start over anyway so an sbf will be easy.

Sounds great! One question though, what does "sbf" mean?
    12-02-2010 06:38 PM
    Are u asking what sbf stands for or what it is and used for?

12-02-2010 09:36 PM
    If I'm rooted and factory reset I go back to original stock? Without root???

12-03-2010 12:05 AM
    Are u asking what sbf stands for or what it is and used for?

I would like to know the answer to both aspects please.
    12-03-2010 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD