Download the Official Droid X 2.3.340 OTA Here

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
yes, for those having trouble who are running the leaked froyo, you do need to be on the OTA version for this to work.

Okay so I downloaded and ran it while I was rooted and it went through fine, apparently I am still rooted cause z4root gives me the option to unroot. Madden NFL is there and says I'm running 2.3.340 android 2.2.1 with BP_C_01.09.07P baseband. So guess all I can say is yay me.

Just to clarify, I was rooted but I did not remove any bloatware, just had it rooted for tethering. Well goodnight and thanks for the downloads people.

even though z4root thinks youre rooted, you probably arent still. it probably thinks you are b/c the superuser apk is still on your phone. try using an application that needs root access to see if it works

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
All i had to do was restore my bloatware from the being frozen/renamed. Seems to work.

DID NOT UNROOT

UNFROZE/UN-RENAMED BLOATWARE

B.K.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded file straight to phone, went into my files, moved file to root of SD card. Rebooted and update success. Thanks.

pipinudo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
easiest way is to download it directly from your phone. Or grab your cable connect it and just dag it to the root folder if you dont want to mess with astro or root explorer

Last edited:

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Still kind of new and have a few questions. Would appreciate any help.

1. What is SBF?
2. How do I reinstall the bloatware I removed?
3. How do I go about saving all memos in Notes Everything, Apps (Abb Brain?), and other important info?

I would hate for something to go wrong and I lose everything I have.
Thanx.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded, installed (tried to) and upon reboot, I got blackscreen, decided wth I'm going back to Fission. I'm thinking it failed on install and I failed to notice it, as it rebooted to koush's recovery, and I was able to nandroid.

Last edited:

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Moto crap

spoke to motorola this am. they said it's coming in batches, and we just have to wait. anyone who has 2.2 will receive. i have 2.3.151, which is newer, my phone even has hardware modifications compared to my previous DX, i bet they wait longer to push it to us.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
power down, power up while holding home button, release home when ! pops up, press search button, and viola! use volume rocker to navigate, camera button to select

If rooted. You gotta hold the volume rocker down to boot into android recovery. As well as the home button. Not being an a$$ about anything.

DXmeatclaws via tapatalk

zer0future

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
yes, for those having trouble who are running the leaked froyo, you do need to be on the OTA version for this to work.

even though z4root thinks youre rooted, you probably arent still. it probably thinks you are b/c the superuser apk is still on your phone. try using an application that needs root access to see if it works

Guess you're right, opened up wireless tether and it says unable to tether. Rerooting I go then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae