Changing Status Bar With Ninjamorph or Metamorph...

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Guys, is there a way to get the dark status bar and change the status bar icons using ninjamorph or metamorph and that's it? I'd rather not have to deodex my phone just to change the status bar.

Second question, does deodexing the phone speed it up at all? I've heard it does. Once deodoxed, how hard is it to go back? What's the process?

Thanks so much guys. I'm new to all this so any input helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
my understanding is that you need to deodex in order to get the dark status bar, and icons, etc. there is a rom out there right now if your on .340 that will deodex and give you the black status bar, and much more. i'm on it right now and it's kick ass! it's called Tranquility 3.6.
Tranquility 3.6.0 - Time to make your DX work for you

Nice, so all I have to do is follow those instructions and it'll deodex will installing this rom?

And just to clarify, how hard is it to un-deodex if you will, once I want to install gingerbread?

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Nice, so all I have to do is follow those instructions and it'll deodex will installing this rom?

And just to clarify, how hard is it to un-deodex if you will, once I want to install gingerbread?

if you havent already do yourself a huge favor and download koush's bootstrap recovery for the droid x in the market. before you download this rom/theme or do anything to your phone, you'll want to make a nandroid backup with all your stock configurations.

Once you have this backup, you can play around with other themes/roms w/o worry because you'll have this backup. If anything gets crazy or you dont like a theme, or you want to undeodex and go back to odex your set as long as you have the stock nandroid backup.

I know this to be true, because i wanted the latest .340 but had a deodexed theme, so I flashed back to my stock nandroid backup and i was able to get the update with all my blur, bloat and odexed files back on my phone.

So, the bootstrap recovery app is a huge lifesaver!

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
if you havent already do yourself a huge favor and download koush's bootstrap recovery for the droid x in the market. before you download this rom/theme or do anything to your phone, you'll want to make a nandroid backup with all your stock configurations.

Once you have this backup, you can play around with other themes/roms w/o worry because you'll have this backup. If anything gets crazy or you dont like a theme, or you want to undeodex and go back to odex your set as long as you have the stock nandroid backup.

I know this to be true, because i wanted the latest .340 but had a deodexed theme, so I flashed back to my stock nandroid backup and i was able to get the update with all my blur, bloat and odexed files back on my phone.

So, the bootstrap recovery app is a huge lifesaver!

Ok, I have bootstrap. Haven't used it yet. How hard is it to make a nandroid backup? Just open up the app and the option is there? (I didn't want to play around with it until I asked here first).

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is a good tutorial on how to use NinjaMorph. But I will warn you now, once you start you cant stop. So far I have modded my keyboards, dialer, contacts, ststus bar and icons, changed out the verizon on the lockscreen and notification pull down, lock sliders, well you get the idea.

Android Forums - View Single Post - Fission 2.1 final

Here is the link for the instruction to change the verizon

Droid X Custom Boot Logo I'll create - Page 44 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Reactions: miamifin33

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here is a good tutorial on how to use NinjaMorph. But I will warn you now, once you start you cant stop. So far I have modded my keyboards, dialer, contacts, ststus bar and icons, changed out the verizon on the lockscreen and notification pull down, lock sliders, well you get the idea.

Android Forums - View Single Post - Fission 2.1 final

Here is the link for the instruction to change the verizon

Droid X Custom Boot Logo I'll create - Page 44 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

So you're the man. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon