DarkAndroid for Tranquility 3.5.1 & 3.6

gregtard

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
DarkAndroid for Tranquility 3.5.1 & 3.6

This is a very detailed green theme for your DroidX running Tranquility 3.5.1 (2.3.320 Base)& 3.6 (2.3.340 Base). For Tranquility 3.6 I added a new battery indicator and the Gingerbread keyboard themed for Dark Android.

This theme updates the following:
  • Framework images and some xml (Default Tranquility 3.5 animations will remain)
  • System Fonts
  • Browser
  • Google Search Bar
  • Multitouch Keyboard
  • Media Gallery
  • Ringer Toggle Widget
  • LED Flashlight Widget

To install this theme, follow the below instructions:
You should always backup your system before installing any ROM or theme.

1. Copy DarkAndroid.zip to your sdcard
  2. Reboot into Bootstrap Recovery
  3. Install zip from sdcard
  4. Choose zip
  5. Browse and select zip
  6. Install zip
  7. When complete, use back button or power button to back up
  8. Reboot phone

I have added a themed version of Google Voice (0.4.2.8), Launcher Pro (0.8.1.1), and a black and white themed Swype keyboard. The Swype keyboard is in a flashable update.zip while the Google Voice and Launcher Pro must be installed like a normal app after you extract the apk. The download links are below. I am currently planning to theme WidgetLocker, LauncherPro, Facebook, and Twitter to add at some point.

There is also a goodies pack that contains lots of icons, wallpapers, LP docks, and alternate fonts. To use the extra content in the goodies pack, download the Goodies.zip and extract the content into a folder on your sdcard.
  • The icons can be applied using Launcher Pro, Desktop Visualizer, Folder Organizer, or one of the many other choices for icon customization.
  • The docks can be used with Launcher Pro.
  • The fonts are in flashable zips so once extracted, they can be flashed.
  • Of course, the wallpapers are applied the normal way using the gallery selection or other tool.

More info and screenshots can be found here. This is the page for the RubiX theme, but 99% that you can see in a screenshot is the same.

If you like my work, help me buy my wife flowers so she isn't so pissed here.

Download links:
Tranquility 3.6 DarkAndroid
Tranquility 3.5.1 DarkAndroid
Goodies
Black Swype Keyboard
GoogleVoice
Launcher Pro

36-1.jpg
36-2.jpg

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I was just going to post a new thread on the New Tranquility 3.6.0 with Toolbox. I can't say enough about this ROM. Its crazy fast with a bunch of themes and its all easily done through their custom app, the ToolBox. You can easily change your boot logo, boot animation with 7 animations loaded (I'm loving the drunken clam animation!), fonts, animations, keyboards, themes, its crazy!

After Apex 1.3.1 and Fission this is a breath of speed and ease!

Droid X ROM's

This is made by TBH (Team Black Hat) and BBcrackman, who was the man during the BB Storm Debacle!

Last edited:

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed Tranq 3.6. I haven't spent too much time with it yet, but so far I really like this ROM. The updated Tool Box makes changing themes very easy. This makes the X sooo much better than stock. I tip my hat to TBH.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you are on the newest Toolbox. It should have seven themes in it. Check out the Darkslide. You can switch right from the tool box in a matter of seconds!

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you are on the newest Toolbox. It should have seven themes in it. Check out the Darkslide. You can switch right from the tool box in a matter of seconds!

7? I got 6. dark blue, dark green, red theme, nex theme, darkslide and gingerbread. Am I missing something?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
No, just me not being able to count! It was more fingers than I have on one hand and that always screws me up.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
ok, so it wasnt me;) for a second i thought that P3 put out a new toolbox

I wish but it was just updated. I don't see how they can do with much more with it. I changed back to the stock Tranq theme, took 20 sec in the toolbox.

CAP201012271717.jpg

And yeah ADW makes it so easy to change the icons!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC