Problem with Update / Root

jesu007

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem updating to 2.2.1 on a droid x (2.2 rooted using One Click Root for Windows). I downloaded the update OTA and tried to install the update without unrooting. The updated failed, so I unrooted using z4root. I tried the update again, and it failed again. Then I remember that I had renamed some bloatware apps (my bad :eek:). I have tried to root again with z4root, so that I can rename the apps back to .apk, but it is not working. z4root finishes the process and the phone restarts, but then I try root explorer and it is unable to get root access. Also tried the original root method (One Click Root for Windows). What can I do to fix this? Would I have to install the 2.2 sbf?

Thanks for any help...

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem updating to 2.2.1 on a droid x (2.2 rooted using One Click Root for Windows). I downloaded the update OTA and tried to install the update without unrooting. The updated failed, so I unrooted using z4root. I tried the update again, and it failed again. Then I remember that I had renamed some bloatware apps (my bad :eek:). I have tried to root again with z4root, so that I can rename the apps back to .apk, but it is not working. z4root finishes the process and the phone restarts, but then I try root explorer and it is unable to get root access. Also tried the original root method (One Click Root for Windows). What can I do to fix this? Would I have to install the 2.2 sbf?

Thanks for any help...

You might have to reinstall Z4, but check to see if you still have Superuser app and (check superuser settings) in there.

Keep trying, it took me 3 tries it to take,

SBF should only be used to rescue inoperable phones..imo

Check out the Z4 sticky posted here, lots of info.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
First time using z4 cause I was driving home while flashing a backup then the ota then apex. Nice ride home today. Z4 definitely came in handy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jesu007

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
You might have to reinstall Z4, but check to see if you still have Superuser app and (check superuser settings) in there.

Keep trying, it took me 3 tries it to take,

SBF should only be used to rescue inoperable phones..imo

Check out the Z4 sticky posted here, lots of info.

I tried all the same steps as you, I ended up having to flash the SBF, it worked like a charm

Yeah I forgot to mention that the Superuser app is still there, and my settings were there. Since it was not working I cleared the settings so that it would ask for root again for each app, but nothing. I have tried multiple times w/ z4.

If I end up going the SBF route, do my apps get wiped after the flash? Is there anything I should check/do before I flash? Would be my first time doing a SBF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech