ApeX v1.0.2.2 ROM to v1.3, best upgrade path?

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a recommendation. I don't have a Nandroid backup but I have titanium backup pro and appbrain in case of terrible thungs, which some far haven't happened yet. Or alternatively if it's worth holding out for a stable release of the UltimateDroid rom for the X what I'd be looking at doing for that. I'd appreciate any instructions, suggestions, whatever.

TL:DR: I wanna run the best version of ApeX (or UltimateDroid) possible, what do?

Communique sent from a Motorola Droid X running ApeX v1.0.2.2 ROM over Version 2.3.1.5 via Tapatalk Pro.

rob_ashsu

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
i actually had the same problem because my phone came with 2.2 and i hadn't been able to install the leaked .320 or .340 before installing apex 1.0.2.2 rom leaving me stuck with the 2.3.1.15. after failed attemps at trying to install the leak .340 and even failing to install the OTA update, i decided to brick my phone on purpose. yes i said on purpose. after doing that i went to this link and followed the instructions and bricked my phone. then i did the rsdlite 4.8 and sbf thing and got my phone back to stock 2.2 updated to .340 root, d'l apex 1.3 format data cache and install =) worked like a charm.

by the way...i know this sounds crazy. lets just say im under the influence of a certain *plant* but this is honestly what happened to me today and it really dos work. i rooted with z4 root just so you know how to root once you update to .340.

one more thing. while i may be under the influence of something, i am not responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone should you choose to use the method i did. its on you buddy. i could have just gotten lucky as hell, who knows? =)

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
i actually had the same problem because my phone came with 2.2 and i hadn't been able to install the leaked .320 or .340 before installing apex 1.0.2.2 rom leaving me stuck with the 2.3.1.15. after failed attemps at trying to install the leak .340 and even failing to install the OTA update, i decided to brick my phone on purpose. yes i said on purpose. after doing that i went to this link and followed the instructions and bricked my phone. then i did the rsdlite 4.8 and sbf thing and got my phone back to stock 2.2 updated to .340 root, d'l apex 1.3 format data cache and install =) worked like a charm.

by the way...i know this sounds crazy. lets just say im under the influence of a certain *plant* but this is honestly what happened to me today and it really dos work. i rooted with z4 root just so you know how to root once you update to .340.

one more thing. while i may be under the influence of something, i am not responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone should you choose to use the method i did. its on you buddy. i could have just gotten lucky as hell, who knows? =)

Might be worth a shot. I was enjoying that very same plant when I posted as well :D Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar