first ROM, backup question

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I am about to install a ROM on my phone, I made a backup using bootstrap and went into clockworkmod/backup and see a file with todays date. Is this the backup file I need to make sure I have? Also if I do not like the rom for what ever reason and want to restore using this backup file does it set everything back up on my phone as it was before I flashed the rom? Like settings, messages, apps? If not what exactly does it restore?

Also if I want to receive an OTA update would I need to reflash back to this backup to receive it?

I just want to make sure I am understanding everything before going forward

thanks

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
As for OTAs yes you will need to unroot it and maybe flash it with the SBF to get it back to stock before installing the update.

Reactions: dubge

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
great, thanks

also can I use my backup pro still to restore my apps after installing a ROM?
Or should I use something else? Not sure if it matters what ROM the backup was made from?

I think I am going to try apex 1.0.3 (I think that is the number of it) anything else worth checking out???

thanks

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes the date is the backup. You can change the name just don't put spaces in it. Also it will restore it to how it was at the backup time. Have fun and enjoy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thats an awsome tip, but how do you do that? TIA!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
To rename use something like root explorer or astro. Its on your sd card. Also you don't need to unroot to flash a stock backup. I always root a new ota dl astro, rom manager and bootstrapper before I backup stock. This way you have what you need to flash roms again when you flash stock. If you want a new ota just flash that same rooted backup and then search for ota and dl then install.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk