Camera no longer works

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I'm running apex 1.3 and my camera doesn't save anymore.

I have vignette & the stock and I.can take the picture, but nothing gets saved?

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I'm running apex 1.3 and my camera doesn't save anymore.

I have vignette & the stock and I.can take the picture, but nothing gets saved?

Any ideas?

You might have to reinstall Apex, wipe data and cache...

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So do I need to backup what I am on right now?

Then go into bootstrap and install from my sd card and then wipe after?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Make a backup of what u got now so if that's not the problem you can just flash back. To wipe just boot into recovery with bootstrap then click wipe cache then wipe data. Another idea is try and pull all important stuff from sd card then format it. I started having photos and videos disappear a while back and a format fixed it.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Make a backup of what u got now so if that's not the problem you can just flash back. To wipe just boot into recovery with bootstrap then click wipe cache then wipe data. Another idea is try and pull all important stuff from sd card then format it. I started having photos and videos disappear a while back and a format fixed it.

Now say it does fix the issue.

How do I restore all my stuff? Or do I need to do it manually if the above works?

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay TNT. I tried it did everything exactly like you said...

Took a picture.. It said saving picture and then you know how it allows you to see the last picture taken on the bottom left?

Well that was blank. So I don't think it worked

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
did you go into your folder to see if it is saving there but not giving you the last picture preview at the bottom

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it and hit the camcorder button and then hit the red record button and as soon as I hit that it just closed out and went back to the home screen.

I'm not having any issues with mine running apex 1.3.1, the only other thing I can think of is trying a different sd card. One of my friends did have an issue with the sd card on his x and got a replacement from verizon.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I miss not being able to take pictures with this and send it to people.

They disappear when they save well they are blank.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
i am on fission v2.4.3 and running into the same issue and what Angdroid said was that i need to update to all of the 2.3.340 [easiest way would be a full 2.3.340 SBF but its not out yet] stuff then re-root and reinstall my ROM. Then i'll have a working Camera. Its probably the same problem with APEX.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
i am on fission v2.4.3 and running into the same issue and what Angdroid said was that i need to update to all of the 2.3.340 [easiest way would be a full 2.3.340 SBF but its not out yet] stuff then re-root and reinstall my ROM. Then i'll have a working Camera. Its probably the same problem with APEX.

Do you know when we will be able to get it up and working again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay