How do you change the contacts app icon? I am rooted and i have the apex 1.3.0 ROM on it. I have he NinjaMorph installed and i tried to change the blurcontact.apk icon and that did not working. I tried to clear the cache afterwards in my launcherpro as well to double check myself. Any ideas?
    12-20-2010 03:04 PM
    What icon are you looking for. The icon when you don't have a contact photo?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    12-20-2010 03:12 PM
    How do you change the contacts app icon? I am rooted and i have the apex 1.3.0 ROM on it. I have he NinjaMorph installed and i tried to change the blurcontact.apk icon and that did not working. I tried to clear the cache afterwards in my launcherpro as well to double check myself. Any ideas?
    you should be able to change it using launcher pro. just long hold the icon , choose change icon , custom icon. if it is not working with launcher pro you may need launcher pro plus
    12-20-2010 03:12 PM
    What icon are you looking for. The icon when you don't have a contact photo?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    No the actually icon for the Contacts Application.

you should be able to change it using launcher pro. just long hold the icon , choose change icon , custom icon. if it is not working with launcher pro you may need launcher pro plus
    I do have launcherpro plus. Im not trying to change the dock icon. The actually application icon.
    12-20-2010 03:18 PM
    No the actually icon for the Contacts Application.

I do have launcherpro plus. Im not trying to change the dock icon. The actually application icon.
    I dont know if this works but it looks like what you need
    BetterCut ~ Android Application v3.2 By Better Android | Tools
    12-20-2010 03:24 PM
    I dont think so. I should be able to permanently change the applications icon with ninjamorph. It lets me replace the PNG file in the apk with another PNG file so the icon is different. It worked for the Calculator application but i cant seem to get it to work for contacts.
    12-20-2010 03:32 PM
    I dont think so. I should be able to permanently change the applications icon with ninjamorph. It lets me replace the PNG file in the apk with another PNG file so the icon is different. It worked for the Calculator application but i cant seem to get it to work for contacts.
    Are there size limitations for these png files?
    12-20-2010 03:37 PM
    idk because i can go back into the apk after editing it and the new icon is still there but the icon that shows up on the app drawer is the old one.

EDIT: I found the correct file to edit. It is in /system/framework/blur-res.apk
    12-20-2010 03:42 PM
    idk because i can go back into the apk after editing it and the new icon is still there but the icon that shows up on the app drawer is the old one.

EDIT: I found the correct file to edit. It is in /system/framework/blur-res.apk
    Can you post a screenshot of what you changed? I may wanna follow the dawg steps...

DXmeatclaws via talkatap
    12-21-2010 07:24 AM
    *Attached image as well....Sporting the androidcentral application

All I changed so far is the calculator and contacts icon because I didnt like the simple "=" sign and the little card for contacts.

-BACK UP - ALWAYS DO BACKUPS
    -Use NinjaMorph (thanks for the advice to use this program sicario666)
    -Navigate to the /system/framework/blur-res.apk
    -open up the apk
    -Go into the res folder
    -Find the icon you want to change
    -Tap the icon
    -Find the replacement icon you want to use
    -tap the new icon
    -Repeat until finished with all modification
    -Back out the main screen
    -tap finish project
    -select the blurresapk project
    -"yes"
    -(optional)"yes" or "no" [Most of the time now i pick Yes]
    -It will say finished. Reboot and your done
    -Most importantly...Enjoy.

*As always, im not responsible for anything you do to your device.
    12-21-2010 10:30 AM
    Most excellent. Thanks for the recognition, dawg! I'm gonna give this a shot right now

DXmeatclaws via talkatap
    12-21-2010 11:39 AM
    what i would love to modify now is the selector box color. running apex1.3.1 the selector turns the box a yellow orange on press. is there a way to change this color to a different one? Green would be awesome, or red. i know for sure where to find the file within ninjamorph, the only problem is finding the right file to replace it with. so it works properly. backup backup...before anything, i know...
    12-21-2010 11:55 AM
    what i would love to modify now is the selector box color. running apex1.3.1 the selector turns the box a yellow orange on press. is there a way to change this color to a different one? Green would be awesome, or red. i know for sure where to find the file within ninjamorph, the only problem is finding the right file to replace it with. so it works properly. backup backup...before anything, i know...
    If you use LauncherPro, i know you have the ability to change it that way. But im not too sure where the color of the highlight would be. Im sure its just a small change in the hex color code in a file somewhere.
    12-21-2010 12:07 PM
    *Attached image as well....Sporting the androidcentral application

All I changed so far is the calculator and contacts icon because I didnt like the simple "=" sign and the little card for contacts.

-BACK UP - ALWAYS DO BACKUPS
    -Use NinjaMorph (thanks for the advice to use this program sicario666)
    -Navigate to the /system/framework/blur-res.apk
    -open up the apk
    -Go into the res folder
    -Find the icon you want to change
    -Tap the icon
    -Find the replacement icon you want to use
    -tap the new icon
    -Repeat until finished with all modification
    -Back out the main screen
    -tap finish project
    -select the blurresapk project
    -"yes"
    -(optional)"yes" or "no" [Most of the time now i pick Yes]
    -It will say finished. Reboot and your done
    -Most importantly...Enjoy.

*As always, im not responsible for anything you do to your device.
    Hi, if I want to change the contacts icon, where is the file located? I'm the framework-res folder but I have no idea which one is the right file...
    I would also like to know how to change the default android emoticons.

Thanks
    09-11-2011 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD