Need my Android ID...

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone. I bought my wife a cheap Slyvania 7" Mini Tablet running android 2.1. As you may know or not know, some of these don't come with the Android Market installed. But there is a hack that can get the market working, all I need is a working Android ID since I already have an android phone. Problem is I don't know the adb commands to pull this info. from my phone. The site I found said I can find it in a "gls.db" file, but the path they give isn't the same on the X. They said I should do the adb command......adb shell sqlite3 data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "select * from meta"; ......but this path isn't working. I couldn't find the "com.google.android.googleapps" in root explorer either. Anyone know the correct path for the X? FYI...if it helps, I'm rooted running Apex1.3.0 with Nextheme.

Last edited:

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if this is the right answer but if you connect to the computer using adb, cant you just type the following command:

"adb devices" (without the "")

Should list the android devices connected to computer and some kind of Device ID.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that gives me my device ID. But apparently I have a Android(Google) ID that is linked to just that, Google. I guess it's between my device and apps that I purchased that makes it the Android ID. (Which links it to the market.) It also says I can install the sdk android emulator on my computer and this will create me an ID also. Didn't want to go through all of that, but it seems like its my only option. Oh well, thanks for your reply.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The only android ID that's tied to Android Market that I know about is your google account that you have to put in. That's how it associates which apps you've bought. I know nothing of this "Android ID" you speak of.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I never heard about it until I had to side load the market on the tablet. I was able to get one after I loaded the emulator on my computer, so I was able to get everything working.

FYI, here's some info. on how to get an/your androidID if you might ever need it. Fix Market For Slates - Wiki

Reactions: JkdJedi

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I never heard about it until I had to side load the market on the tablet. I was able to get one after I loaded the emulator on my computer, so I was able to get everything working.

FYI, here's some info. on how to get an/your androidID if you might ever need it. Fix Market For Slates - Wiki

Hey thanks, this link inspired me to follow up on the Emulator I downloaded a while back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech