I am rooted with no fancy ROMS installed but I have root access. Is there a specific folder location where the stock system dock and notification icons png files located for me to change them with my own designs that I want to use rather than use a full theme where I don't like certain icons over another?

I have widget locker where I already changed the png files to some of my own such as the skull on the iphone slider so I am familiar with maneuvering to overwrite files.....just need to know which folder to be directed to.

12-22-2010 09:36 AM
    I am rooted with no fancy ROMS installed but I have root access. Is there a specific folder location where the stock system dock and notification icons png files located for me to change them with my own designs that I want to use rather than use a full theme where I don't like certain icons over another?

I have widget locker where I already changed the png files to some of my own such as the skull on the iphone slider so I am familiar with maneuvering to overwrite files.....just need to know which folder to be directed to.
    this could be it.....

/system/framework/framework-res.apk

extract framework-res.apk

then do into /res/drawable-hdpi and find what your looking for.
    12-22-2010 03:43 PM
    Where do you find the icons for gmail, voice, tweetdeck and handcent?
    I have files I want to use, but I cant find where the defaults are within the folders.
    03-13-2011 09:23 PM
    All files are stored in the framework-res.apk and you have to extract the files, edit and place them back into the apk, if you never done that I suggest you read up on how before doing because if done incorrectly can cause a bootloop that can cause you to have ti hard rest to get device working.

The images need to be the same resolution to avoid any issues.

A easier way is to use bettercuts to change icons appearance or change launcher to Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher that also allows this.
    03-14-2011 01:59 AM
    I did edit some of the icons in the framework, but market apps are not there. I changed the gmail icon, but it wasnt the actual status bar icon. Any other suggestions?
    03-14-2011 02:01 AM
    I did edit some of the icons in the framework, but market apps are not there. I changed the gmail icon, but it wasnt the actual status bar icon. Any other suggestions?
    The market app only shows download icons in status bar, those are in the framework-res.apk file or you can use MetaMorph and download icons from MetaMorph – Categories – droidpirate.com to change images.
    03-14-2011 02:06 AM
    I am a bit of a newbie at this, I finally decided to root my DX yesterday, and I am not sure I follow. Are you saying that for an app like Tweetdeck I cant swap out the black and what status bar icon for say a full color icon (.png) like the app drawer icon?
    03-14-2011 02:09 AM
    I am a bit of a newbie at this, I finally decided to root my DX yesterday, and I am not sure I follow. Are you saying that for an app like Tweetdeck I cant swap out the black and what status bar icon for say a full color icon (.png) like the app drawer icon?
    No this can be done but you have to make sure you are editing the correct images, apps like Tweetdeck will involve you having to get the image from the apk for that app and edit it but those apps need to be signed with correct permissions to even install and is more in depth to do. Some icons are stored in the apps apk instead of the framework-res.apk.

Are you knowledgeable of using ABD SDK application for pc?
    03-14-2011 02:39 AM
    I dont have a PC, I have a mac, so I am stuck doing it on my phone, which is why I have all the apps I could find that could possibly do it.
    03-14-2011 02:40 AM
    I don't own a MAC but I do think there is also SDK for MAC... After quick search I found this...
    03-14-2011 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD