OTA Update message on my X running ApeX v1.0.2.2. What should I do?

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
As my signature indicates, I've got this thing good and modded out in the software sense of the word and thought that I would never get an OTA Update message, but low and behold it says it's downloaded the 2.3.340.en.us update and wants me to install it.

Now I would presume this would just straight up brick my phone? Or could this somehow work as a quick way to get back to stock before Gingerbread hits? I've got Titanium Backup pro, but no Nandroid backup. Help?

Communique sent from a Motorola Droid X running ApeX v1.0.2.2 ROM over the first 2.2 leak (Version 2.3.1.5) via Tapatalk Pro.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
As my signature indicates, I've got this thing good and modded out in the software sense of the word and thought that I would never get an OTA Update message, but low and behold it says it's downloaded the 2.3.340.en.us update and wants me to install it.

Now I would presume this would just straight up brick my phone? Or could this somehow work as a quick way to get back to stock before Gingerbread hits? I've got Titanium Backup pro, but no Nandroid backup. Help?

Communique sent from a Motorola Droid X running ApeX v1.0.2.2 ROM over the first 2.2 leak (Version 2.3.1.5) via Tapatalk Pro.

I had the same problem with FROYO. It would download but was constantly FAILing to upgrade. It was annoying closing that dam warning every morning. It won't brick your phone. Only thing to do now is maybe a Factory reset and start out fresh again.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
If you don't have a stock 2.2 backup you will need to sbf back to stock 2.2. Then I would update to 2.2.1 then do a stock backup. Then do all the mods and wait for ginger. When that drops flash the stock 2.2.1 backup then the ginger ota.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting on the 2.1 sbf and rsdlite currently, i've just yet to run it. Would it be better to use the stock 2.2 sbf you recommend or would 2.1 work out okay?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting on the 2.1 sbf and rsdlite currently, i've just yet to run it. Would it be better to use the stock 2.2 sbf you recommend or would 2.1 work out okay?

2.2 sbf -Theres no way you could still be on 2.1 if you've been staying current (If your gonna SBF try the Factory Reset first) If that don't work then 2.2 SBF

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
By "sitting on" I meant I had the file on my drive. I'm not running 2.1.