GummyJar - ROM

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ok I jumped in to try this. Looks to be nice. The speed is fast but I think its just that the animations are quicker and makes it look like the rom is quicker. I had same speed with apex and spare parts. I miss some blur like camera text email and alarm. Im going to keep it for a week or so to get a better feel for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok I jumped in to try this. Looks to be nice. The speed is fast but I think its just that the animations are quicker and makes it look like the rom is quicker. I had same speed with apex and spare parts. I miss some blur like camera text email and alarm. Im going to keep it for a week or so to get a better feel for it.

HI T,

I went back and forth with this and Apex for like 2 weeks, like you I was missing out with the blur. I got the camera back from a dx_cameraFission .zip file found somewhere here in this thread. (I also found out that Terminal emulator was available in the Market). The dialer, although seemingly a step back from 2.2.1 , I've gotten to really appreciate its modest setup. navigate to settings/applications/manage applications/ and see how fast them list of apps open up. If you have Gmail, open that up and see how everything just snaps. The Gingerbread Keyboard....OMG, a Gingerbread keyboard that looks like a KEYBOARD. 99% of all apps were compiled from source so that all this smoothness can happen. Themes? there's like a dozen themes for this Rom.

Coming from Apex this will be a give and take kind of thing.

Not saying I'd never come back to Apex, just saying that I'm totally digging GummyJAr right now.;)

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

ApeX kills it. I run apex to. Forts better lock down.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
yes, lots....they can all be found either on xda or droid forums. and they are all very good themes. my favorite right now is MattedBlues:
[Theme]MattedBlues For GummyJar2.5 [Updated 12/30/10] - xda-developers

20101230102015.png

Where can I find others?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Wow lots of themes. Might not have to put something together for this. Trying some now.

Not liking Luna theme - next
I tried 3. Im putting one together myself. Will be blue but not all blue.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow lots of themes. Might not have to put something together for this. Trying some now.

Not liking Luna theme - next
I tried 3. Im putting one together myself. Will be blue but not all blue.

Tnt I loved your blue for apex can you do a similar one?

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey what are you guys using for setcpu for the profiles?

I'm overclocked at 1.2ghz but have 2 profiles set. When screen off and battery below a certain number.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Hey what are you guys using for setcpu for the profiles?

I'm overclocked at 1.2ghz but have 2 profiles set. When screen off and battery below a certain number.

Same here.
Screen off set to min cpu
Battery below 30% max is 3rd slot.

Rushkiboy#AC

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
OK I rooted phone, downloaded both ROM Managers (free and paid).Have ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 recovery. Flashed,reboot into recovery, installed from SD, downloaded. I rebooted and nothing has changed. Phone is the same as the first day i got it. Under Check for ROM Updates it says Your ROM is not set upto receive OTA Updates. Please contact the ROM developer! Please help really want this ROM screen. Says its downloaded but nothing has changed. Thanks.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
OK I rooted phone, downloaded both ROM Managers (free and paid).Have ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 recovery. Flashed,reboot into recovery, installed from SD, downloaded. I rebooted and nothing has changed. Phone is the same as the first day i got it. Under Check for ROM Updates it says Your ROM is not set upto receive OTA Updates. Please contact the ROM developer! Please help really want this ROM screen. Says its downloaded but nothing has changed. Thanks.

You need bootstrapper. Dl that run it let it reboot then try it. You can't flash anything without bootstrapper. Its in the market.

Reactions: Rushkiboy#AC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs