Flashing another rom how do i use my backups?

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I installed ApeX and followed these instructions therefore i have a backup of my stock android install, i really like apex but i would also like to try out Fission rom. If i go into the clockwork recovery and hit backup will it overwrite my stock android backup with an apex backup or can i have multiple backups?

Basically i would like to install fission but have the option of easily restoring to apex if i like apex better without having to re-setup my phone and i don't want to lose my stock backup.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
You won't lose any previously created backups, unless you go in and manually delete them.

Try GummyJar 2.1, it's better than Apex 1.3.1, unless you like Blur, because GummyJar is pretty much Blurless.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You won't lose any previously created backups, unless you go in and manually delete them.

Try GummyJar 2.1, it's better than Apex 1.3.1, unless you like Blur, because GummyJar is pretty much Blurless.

Is there a gummyJar website? I know the best stuff is in forums but if a rom doesn't have a website it makes me a little nervous. Also thanks for the response it is good to know that i can have multiple backups, where are they stored by the way on the SD card?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Your backups should be stored on the SD card. As long as you do your back ups there is little risk to trying new ROMs. If all else fails there is already an updated SBF out there if your phone bricks.