1. wildman's Avatar
    I seem to be having a issue that hopefully someone has a answer how to fix, I have uninstalled the superuser app using the uninstall option under Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications but for some reason the icon continue to return to the app tray even when the remove app says its been removed, I even hard reset and the icon is still there. I have issues with my device and I need to take it to store but I canr get this to stay gone...

    Do anyone have a solution for this? This is the only app that is wont remove and I hope someone can help..
    12-26-2010 09:47 PM
  2. Smitty_82's Avatar
    If you've already unrooted, you might just have to flash the SBF. I haven't had to do it yet but that seems like your last resort.
    12-26-2010 09:51 PM
  3. kentusmc's Avatar
    SBF is prob the most painless way
    12-26-2010 10:16 PM
  4. wildman's Avatar
    SBF is prob the most painless way
    But there isn't a 2.2.1 full sbf that I know of, I tried installing the 2.3.240 update before and it didn't seem to change anything and 2.2 build listed in post wont load with latest update installed. I do not have issue doing SBF if I knew where to get the full flash file. Care to share link?
    12-26-2010 10:50 PM
  5. kentusmc's Avatar
    you could take it back to 2.3.15 and update again
    12-26-2010 10:52 PM
  6. Smitty_82's Avatar
    Try this, should be the full sbf for 2.2.1
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...-full-sbf.html
    Said it was the ota. I'll keep looking
    12-26-2010 11:07 PM
  7. wildman's Avatar
    I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!!!

    I ended up figuring out the solution to remove the two apps that did not remove with factory reset after removing root:

    Droid X Bootstrapper Complete Removal
    • UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
    • Reboot
    • Run "adb shell" or "Terminal Simulator"
    • Run "su"
    • Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
    • Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
    • Reboot


    SuperUser Complete Removal

    • Root Device
    • Install Root Explorer
    • Browse to System >> Apps
    • Delete all SuperUser.apk (My device had 2)
    • Restart Device
    • Goto Settings >> Privacy >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone >> Erase Everything


    After doing this I had a clean, unrooted, stock device ready for repair service.. NO SBF Required YAHHH!!!

    Thanks for the help, it usually takes others suggestions to get me thinking up a solution.
    DroidXcon and Smitty_82 like this.
    12-27-2010 01:28 AM
  8. Smitty_82's Avatar
    That's great! Glad you were able to figure it out. Thanks for the update!
    12-27-2010 04:17 AM
  9. JkdJedi's Avatar
    I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!!!

    I ended up figuring out the solution to remove the two apps that did not remove with factory reset after removing root:

    Droid X Bootstrapper Complete Removal
    • UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
    • Reboot
    • Run "adb shell" or "Terminal Simulator"
    • Run "su"
    • Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
    • Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
    • Reboot


    SuperUser Complete Removal

    • Root Device
    • Install Root Explorer
    • Browse to System >> Apps
    • Delete all SuperUser.apk (My device had 2)
    • Restart Device
    • Goto Settings >> Privacy >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone >> Erase Everything


    After doing this I had a clean, unrooted, stock device ready for repair service.. NO SBF Required YAHHH!!!

    Thanks for the help, it usually takes others suggestions to get me thinking up a solution.
    So you figured out all those commands with the suggestions..........hmmm
    12-27-2010 11:23 AM
  10. wildman's Avatar
    So you figured out all those commands with the suggestions..........hmmm
    Pretty much, the suggestions got me to post that was close to a solution but still didnt have a solution verified and with that information it gave me the ideal to experiment with the work around others suggested until I figured out the working solution for me. The Bootstrap solution was close to being correct on a few sites but the command was off by a few comands and the Superuser solution came from the years of dealing with WM and I figure I would give some of my old solutions a try on Android device.... And I was glad it worked.
    12-27-2010 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD