HELP!!!!! Superuser App wont Delete

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having a issue that hopefully someone has a answer how to fix, I have uninstalled the superuser app using the uninstall option under Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications but for some reason the icon continue to return to the app tray even when the remove app says its been removed, I even hard reset and the icon is still there. I have issues with my device and I need to take it to store but I canr get this to stay gone...

Do anyone have a solution for this? This is the only app that is wont remove and I hope someone can help..

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If you've already unrooted, you might just have to flash the SBF. I haven't had to do it yet but that seems like your last resort.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
SBF is prob the most painless way

But there isn't a 2.2.1 full sbf that I know of, I tried installing the 2.3.240 update before and it didn't seem to change anything and 2.2 build listed in post wont load with latest update installed. I do not have issue doing SBF if I knew where to get the full flash file. Care to share link?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!!! :D

I ended up figuring out the solution to remove the two apps that did not remove with factory reset after removing root:

Droid X Bootstrapper Complete Removal
  • UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
  • Reboot
  • Run "adb shell" or "Terminal Simulator"
  • Run "su"
  • Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
  • Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
  • Reboot

SuperUser Complete Removal

• Root Device
  • Install Root Explorer
  • Browse to System >> Apps
  • Delete all SuperUser.apk (My device had 2)
  • Restart Device
  • Goto Settings >> Privacy >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone >> Erase Everything

After doing this I had a clean, unrooted, stock device ready for repair service.. :D:D:p NO SBF Required YAHHH!!!

Thanks for the help, it usually takes others suggestions to get me thinking up a solution.

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!!! :D

I ended up figuring out the solution to remove the two apps that did not remove with factory reset after removing root:

Droid X Bootstrapper Complete Removal
  • UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
  • Reboot
  • Run "adb shell" or "Terminal Simulator"
  • Run "su"
  • Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
  • Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
  • Reboot

SuperUser Complete Removal

• Root Device
  • Install Root Explorer
  • Browse to System >> Apps
  • Delete all SuperUser.apk (My device had 2)
  • Restart Device
  • Goto Settings >> Privacy >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone >> Erase Everything

After doing this I had a clean, unrooted, stock device ready for repair service.. :D:D:p NO SBF Required YAHHH!!!

Thanks for the help, it usually takes others suggestions to get me thinking up a solution.
So you figured out all those commands with the suggestions..........hmmm

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So you figured out all those commands with the suggestions..........hmmm

Pretty much, the suggestions got me to post that was close to a solution but still didnt have a solution verified and with that information it gave me the ideal to experiment with the work around others suggested until I figured out the working solution for me. The Bootstrap solution was close to being correct on a few sites but the command was off by a few comands and the Superuser solution came from the years of dealing with WM and I figure I would give some of my old solutions a try on Android device.... And I was glad it worked.:)