Market Issues; Please Help!!

bgs_piece

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
When I enter the market, none of the apps I have installed are showing and the purchased apps just say "purchased." The weird thing is that all of the apps, paid versions and free versions, that I have installed are still on the phone and I am able to use them. If I clear the cashe and data from the market and go to the "my apps" tab everything shows up as normal. After a few minutes the apps are not showing again and I have to clear the data and cache again for them to show. Is there something I can do to make them always show like normal so I can stop wasting my time and patience having to clear the cache and data everytime I want to check for updates? Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh, and I am rooted with the most recent stock ota update and stock rom. Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I enter the market, none of the apps I have installed are showing and the purchased apps just say "purchased." The weird thing is that all of the apps, paid versions and free versions, that I have installed are still on the phone and I am able to use them. If I clear the cashe and data from the market and go to the "my apps" tab everything shows up as normal. After a few minutes the apps are not showing again and I have to clear the data and cache again for them to show. Is there something I can do to make them always show like normal so I can stop wasting my time and patience having to clear the cache and data everytime I want to check for updates? Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh, and I am rooted with the most recent stock ota update and stock rom. Thanks!
above clear data and cache , do you see a box that says uninstall updates like this:

snap20101229_165155-1.png

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are no guarantees on devices that are rooted that they'd function properly. Also, you could uninstall and reinstall the market as well.

Good luck.

bgs_piece

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are no guarantees on devices that are rooted that they'd function properly. Also, you could uninstall and reinstall the market as well.

Good luck.

If I uninstall the market and then reinstall where would I find the apk file and would I just install it using the package installer like any other apk file I've installed that didn't come from the market?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If I uninstall the market and then reinstall where would I find the apk file and would I just install it using the package installer like any other apk file I've installed that didn't come from the market?

I wasnt aware you could uninstall the market.... try uninstalling the updates like i mentioned,,,,

but if you are able to download the market , here is the apk
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

yes it will look for the updates

Reactions: bgs_piece

bgs_piece

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried uninstalling the updates and that didn't work. I also tried downloading the apk file and replacing the market and that didn't work. It seems to hold the memory of what is installed for an hour or two and then I have to clear cache and memory and restart the market to show my installed apps. Could an app I updated be causing this to happen? I haven't done anything that I can think of that would have affected the market in this way but it is becoming EXTREMELY annoying. I find it hard to believe that just being rooted could cause the market to act this way, especially since it just started acting up a couple of days ago and I've been rooted every since I've owned the phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've never tried clearing the dalvik cache; could that possibly be affecting anything?

i dont understand dalvik that well, all i know is that it holds app data to help process them faster. so i dont imagine it would be affecting things
but again i dont know a whole lot on the subject ..

bgs_piece

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I just went into the folder containing all of the dalvik cache items and found the vending.apk file and the date is different than what the actual vending.apk file shows. Could this be causing the issues? It seems like now the only time I am losing the data on what is installed is when I reboot the phone. Rather than clearing the entire dalvik cache folder could I just delete the specific vending.apk file from within the folder or would that cause boot issues?

bgs_piece

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
lead me to it and ill do it so you dont take the chance essing up the phone

Using Root Explorer, in the data folder, down to "dalvik-cache", then down to "system@app@Vending.apk@classes.dex"

The date on this dalvik item is 09 Dec 10, which is the day I downloaded the ota. The date on my market app is 31 Dec 10. I'm not sure if this matters, but I just thought it was strange and usually its the small things you never think about that f@$k things up the most.