rubix vs. gummyjar

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What is the difference between rubix focused and gummyjar? I have apex flashed right now and love it, but I think I saw that both rubix and gummyjar are blurless, so I wanted to try it out. I will probably try them both eventually, but wanted to know the differences first.

I also wanna know, for anyone uses them or has used them, which do you prefer?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Rubix and gummyjar are very similiar. Rubix now has a blur and blurless option. While Apex has a hint of blur it is more stable and has a better battery life. I would go with Apex. But if you want to get rid of blur go with gummy or rubix. Gummy would probably be better in speed and more stable. There have been reports of rubix rebooting frequently. All are good roms. Really depends on the user. Alot of users post about always returning back to apex. If you're unhappy with apex give the others a try. It wont hurt...they're all good roms.

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Running gummy now for the last day. While nice even on low volt its killing battery. Will be back on apex soon im sure. Miss some blur like camera, alarm, text and email.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jerparker

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I am also running Gummy Jar and miss a few things like the FM radio and Visual Voice Mail. I tried installed the APK's for these but no such luck. Where can I find the Apex rom? Thanks

Running gummy now for the last day. While nice even on low volt its killing battery. Will be back on apex soon im sure. Miss some blur like camera, alarm, text and email.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

(following you again, aren't I) LOL.... Yeah the same here. With Apex I was getting 14 plus hours easy and with Gummy I was getting 10 hours before hitting 10 percent. DvadeR suggested that I turn my Auto brightness settings off and to set the display somewhere below 30%, (I just set mine to 30%) I also had the services.jar hack. I did the above mentioned and got rid of the hack. and that seems to be helping a lot right now. I'm at 10.5 hours since boot with 30% battery life left so it seems to be heading back to that 14 hour plus window again. Tomorrow I'll be underclocking the phone and hoping that this will help even more. If you find anything else that might help TnT please let me know.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am also running Gummy Jar and miss a few things like the FM radio and Visual Voice Mail. I tried installed the APK's for these but no such luck. Where can I find the Apex rom? Thanks

1.I have learned that the low voltage mode causes more issues with battery drain and device running unstable because when you run a process intensive app the device runs extremely hot because the processor is working harder because the under voltage.

2. I tried Verizon app on market for VVM and I love it over the stock app and it don't have all the issues the stock app has also there isnt any way to restore the stock mail clients on any of the Blarless roms so I was forced away from them.

3. Apex is here..

ROM
[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

THEMES
Themes For ApeX (12/19/10) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

You may want to check out DarkSlide also, the new update is incredibly stable...

I switched to DarkSlideBlur 4.2 and the update is incredible and the new themes are designed will. (Home page is mine not original rom) also I am using ADW Launcher EX and uninstalled pre installed ADW and LP.... check it out [ROM] DarkSlide v4.1 - Updated (01/04/11

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs