If you installed Apex 1.31 over 1.30 please post here...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I currently have Apex 1.30 on my X running fine with the one exception being that when my phone first turns on each morning I'm at clockwork recovery and must press my camera button to reboot. Works fine from then on with no other issues.

If you installed 1.31 over 1.30 using Rom manager - can you post here as to whether you had problems or not - and the steps you used?

I'd like to get rid of this last nagging issue with 1.30 but don't want to create more issues in the process...

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Did it. No issues. Just dl and flash no wipe needed. I didn't have that issue with the older version. Update and see if it goes away.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
also did it without ROM manager. had no issues, except having to recreate my adw launcher pages (widgets and such). works real well. did not wipe data/cache.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
also did it without ROM manager. had no issues, except having to recreate my adw launcher pages (widgets and such). works real well. did not wipe data/cache.

Save your adw settings and layouts. Then when you flash new roms just dl adw and apply your backups.

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Save your adw settings and layouts. Then when you flash new roms just dl adw and apply your backups.

yeah that would be the obvious way to do it, but it didn't work for me and apparently others. you try it?

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
search the forums, the question of how to get rid of clockwork recovery has been answered several times.

it also has nothing to do with what rom you install.

with that said, I did have problems upgrading 1.3.1 over 1.3.0
i had to do a data/cache wipe and then for the most part everything was fine after that.
On my wifes phone, i did a cache wipe from the start before i installed 1.3.1 and she seems to have no real problems.

and to pimp the ROTM (rom of the moment) I've switched from apex 1.3.1 to gummy jar 2.5 and so far am very happy.. probably not going back to apex.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha I was thinking about trying out the ROTM also. I'm currently on 1.3.1 from 1.3.0 with no issues. I did, however, wipe everything first.