Do any other phones offer SBF and RDS Lite Equivalents?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious. One of the things I like about the X is the ability to SBF back to stock using RSD Lite when I want to install a new ROM fresh or when I manage to screw up the phone :)

Now with all the talk about the recent Thunderbolt and Bionic I was wondering if it is common for other phones to get leaked full SBFs and even system-only SBFs released on the internet.

Now I realize that in the case of the DX, some of the full SBFs were quickly taken down, in part or full because of MOTO, but they were easily available (and may still be) for awhile.

I still keep all of them on my SD Card in case I ever need them even though 2 of them really have no use and will brick the phone since going to 2.2340.

The DX was my 1st Smartphone, and after having rooted, flashed, restored, bricked, reflashed back to stock and flashed again, it is really nice to have a way to go back to stock at will.

Obviously, the Thunderbolt and Bionic haven't been released, but how common is it to have full SBF or system-only files released for most other phones?

Has it happened with the OG Droid, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid 2, Blackberry, Iphone?

Was RSD Lite ever intended to be released to the public?

Now, I know the Thunderbolt is an HTC Phone so I know it won't have RSD Lite, but do must phones have an RSD Lite equivalent?

I would definately want the ability to easily go back to stock with any new phone I purchased.

As I side note, I was also having a conversation about rooting with someone who has the Fascinate. He told me that when you root, the system files are forever changed and it's impossible to go back to stock and any tech who ever examines your phone will know that you are rooted and your warranty voided. I didn't want to argue, but was curious.

If I SBF to the full 2.2320 and then SBF to the 2.2340 system-only file, wipe cash/data, replace temporarily or wipe my SD card (after backing up to my hard-drive) is there really any way for anyone to tell that my phone was or ever has been rooted?

Deleting or replacing the SD card is probably unnecessary, except if a tech really new what to look for, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Samsungs have Odin, which is like RSD Lite, in that the device can be flashed with files to recover. Not sure about HTCs though.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
All phones have a recovery. The sbf and rsd is what Verizon will use to fix your phone at the store. So if a phone comes out the sbf hits the stores and a nice guy who works there puts it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish