Is the Timer app gone in Apex?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just went to use my Timer app on my Rooted/ApeX'd Droid X and can't seem to find it.

If it is indeed removed from the Apex Rom is there way for me to get it back - or do I need to find a timer in the market?

Thanks.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes the clock gets replaced. One thing I miss. I believe there is a way to install the old clock onto ApeX in the xda developers forum. If I find the link I will post it for you.

Reactions: Oj467

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - I just downloaded "Kitchen Timer" app from the Market and it seems to be fine. I would like the stock timer back eventually though - but I like the rest of the Apex too much to leave it. :)

I appreciate the reply!

bsims405

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
In order to get the default timer app(which is included in the moto alarm clock) go into your terminal emulator and type the following...

su
alarm -mot

that will give you the default.

use alarm -aosp for the one that is included now.

or if you use alarm -both ... well you get the picture im sure.

just typing alarm gives you the list of commands also

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Effin awesome. Thank you so much. Got my old moto clock back. I missed having the esculating volume for the alarm.

Off topic but I got a question for you. I have the commands for changing the text "Verizon Wireless" on the home and lock screen but the instructions say I need root explorer. I used Z4root to root my phone. Can this still be done without root explorer. Not sure how much you know but if you can help I would greatly appreciate it:

Here is the guide:
1. Go into root explorer navigate to system/framework
2. Hit mount r/w on top then hold and copy framework-res.apk
3. Paste framework-res.apk on root of sdcard
4. Mount the phone to your pc AND move framework-res.apk to desktop
5. Right click framework-res.apk on desktop hit 7zip then hit open archive
6. Navigate to res/xml/ find eri.xml and drag it to your desktop KEEP ARCHIVE OPEN YOU WILL BE BACK
7. Right click eri.xml on desktop open with HxD
8. Now look to the right side of the screen and find "Verizon Wireless"
9. Highlight the whole word "Verizon wireless"
10. While highlighted type your new name..16 LETTERS MAX (if any "Verizon wireless" is left just keep hitting space bar after new name)
11. Now save your new eri.xml and drag it back into archive
12. Close the archive
13. Put framework-res.apk back on root of sdcard
14. Now on your phone open Android Terminal Emulator on phone and type Su mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework reboot
15. Your done

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I do it on my computer. Using adb command pull framework. Go to the xml file and open it using a hex editor. Find Verizon wireless and spacebar it out or type over it. Save and close. Boot recovery mount push with adb reboot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles