[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Liberty and after changing some settings around, I seem to have lost the clock in the status bar and can't figure out how to get it back. Anyone know how to get it back?

same thing happened to me with the Gingerbread them. I ended up just switching themes and it's back.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I haven't yet but the problem is sporadic. Worked yesterday. Not today. I'm betting it will work later.

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

el_ote

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
help please! m stuck at liberty rotating eagle screen. a battery pull which used to bring up my recovery menu does not. any ideas how i can get to my recovery menu!!! thx in advance

May 16, 2010
Visit site
After a battery pull, power on the phone and hold the home button until
the android with the triangle appears. Then press the search button to get
into the stock recovery. From there you need to do a factory reset/wipe data.

Reactions: el_ote

el_ote

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
After a battery pull, power on the phone and hold the home button until
the android with the triangle appears. Then press the search button to get
into the stock recovery. From there you need to do a factory reset/wipe data.

you are awesome!!! i thought i had a new brick on my hands!... you know i read that i had to wipe my data before i ROM'ed, but when i did it this time, i must have skipped that step or missed it cuz i dont remember having seen it this time.

anywhoo... thanx a lot...

May 16, 2010
Visit site
you are awesome!!! i thought i had a new brick on my hands!... you know i read that i had to wipe my data before i ROM'ed, but when i did it this time, i must have skipped that step or missed it cuz i dont remember having seen it this time.

anywhoo... thanx a lot...

No problem. I assumed that you had skipped that step too lol

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question - anyone know where the hell the Liberty Wallpapers are stores? I've got the yellow on black one as my main wallpaper, but want to use the black on yellow with widget locker. I've torn the system apart in astro and cannot freaking find it.

Here you go...

attachment.php

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I love this rom I just really want Blur Dialer, Gallery, and Messaging back...

Stock Android messaging has me texting the wrong people stuff... I'm going to get in trouble! lol

Im like you but it appears that they only have the Blur Gallery as a option, and the others take more than just installing a apk from another source because I have tried with other roms, I really would like to get the Blur Messaging and universal InBox back but cant find a solution.....

Do anyone have a way to restore these... Thanks in Advance..

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use root explorer yet with this rom? It wont let me write. I click the box and nothing. Did two reboots and still don't work. Not sure if its the rom but its weird. When I'm in system I can't edit anything. Deleted the app and installed again still nothing!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Did you install from market or from a backup, I usually had that issue when I used a backup

I love this ROM with 1 exception, I need Visual Voice Mail on it! I tried installing from the Market and get "you already have VVM installed on your phone, please uninstall this version". I did find a VVM apk for Liberty but when I install it I lose Swype. I have searched and cannot find an answer. Please help and thanks in advance!

I thought I would share what I have figured out on this situation.... After working with the system prop file the issue can be resolved with the following instructions.

Use root file manager and go to /system
open build.prop in editor
look for "ro.horizontalVVM = True" and change it to False
look for "ro.horizontalBUA = True" and change it to False
exit and save and reboot

You should now be able to install any VVM.apk without it telling you to uninstall it because one is already installed.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I decided to return to DarkSlide, Liberty has possibilities but still need some work, I will wait for next update and I hope we can get Blur Messaging and Phone dialer back... So many are going full Blurless and taking a bit to much away from rom...

Back to the Dark Side... I mean Slide I go :D:D

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I decided to return to DarkSlide, Liberty has possibilities but still need some work, I will wait for next update and I hope we can get Blur Messaging and Phone dialer back... So many are going full Blurless and taking a bit to much away from rom...

Back to the Dark Side... I mean Slide I go :D:D

Does darkslide have a chrome theme?

Im using the mysterious beast theme on liberty right now and love it, but darkslide gave me better battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I like this one a lot. I am using apex....how do I get this theme? Also, what calendar app are you using?

I think they combined a number of things to make it, the calendar is Pure Calendar.. Here is my version of Dark Slide. This is a combo from a number of roms with the core of Dark Slide. I would like to give Liberty a longer run but without the few Blur apps that I use not being on device I cant get use to using it, I really need my Universal In Box back...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12