03-17-2011 02:53 AM
281 1234 ...
tools
    I got these rom up and running and titanium also installed just fine on mine.

However, getting a theme wasn't working or was just taking too long for my liking. So I will hold off on that.

My biggest question is I wanted to put a liberty wallpaper and when I choose it and hit save nothing happens it doesn't appear on my screen.
    01-12-2011 03:31 PM
    01-12-2011 04:09 PM
    People...this ROM is insane. It rockets through tasks. Seriously, it freaking flies. Liberty Tools are just amazing. No disrespect to other ROM devs, but the planning, design, and execution that went into Liberty are on a completely different level. It's loaded to the gills with content like killer wallpapers, fonts, overclocking, and you can even switch the VERIZON WIRELESS verbage in the notification pull-down to whatever you want. The entire thing is customizable from top to bottom. I've never used anything that rivals it, which is the best part: A lot of devs are really going to step up their games when they see it. Expect great things. This is the first true super-ROM.

Great job, Kejar and Jrummy. Home run. Coin coming when I get paid from gigs this weekend
    01-12-2011 04:21 PM
    I want to try switching themes so bad but can't get off the stock liberty theme. The black and yellow is so fresh.
    01-12-2011 05:03 PM
    Make sure your downloaded rom file is the full 115mb, I had to download a few times to get the whole file. I guess the servers were getting hammered last night.
    When I rebooted I noticed I still had the Apex boot screen (the Liberty "war eagle" screen was replaced by the Apex "android" screen). So I figured something got knockered up in the flash process. All I did was wipe/flash again.

Works beautifully. Works better than beautifully. I can see this ROM replacing Apex on my device. Ultra fast and the extras are awesome.
    01-12-2011 05:18 PM
    Does the toolbox allow easy install of blurcamera?
    01-12-2011 05:30 PM
    Does the toolbox allow easy install of blurcamera?
    Yea there is an option to install the blur camera right in toolbox.
    01-12-2011 05:40 PM
    Mirror DL's are not working. I tried 2 of them. Both unsuccessful

DXmeatclaws via talkatap
    01-12-2011 06:22 PM
    How do you use swype gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-12-2011 06:39 PM
    Wow, 1486 on Quadrant without OC. I'm really liking this ROM.
    01-12-2011 06:50 PM
    Damn, this ROM is sweet! I love it.
    01-12-2011 07:04 PM
    People...this ROM is insane. It rockets through tasks. Seriously, it freaking flies. Liberty Tools are just amazing. No disrespect to other ROM devs, but the planning, design, and execution that went into Liberty are on a completely different level. It's loaded to the gills with content like killer wallpapers, fonts, overclocking, and you can even switch the VERIZON WIRELESS verbage in the notification pull-down to whatever you want. The entire thing is customizable from top to bottom. I've never used anything that rivals it, which is the best part: A lot of devs are really going to step up their games when they see it. Expect great things. This is the first true super-ROM.

Great job, Kejar and Jrummy. Home run. Coin coming when I get paid from gigs this weekend
    I was gonna wait a bit but after reading the above....

"cause tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight , oh ohhhhh" - Phil Collins playing in my head.....

Edit: I just read an old review from Engadget on the Droid X and thought I'd share.....

"From a hardware perspective, this phone is pretty much a bang-on execution of what a high-end mobile powerhouse should be, but Motorola clearly still has work to do in order to play in the same software league as HTC does with Sense. If it can get there -- or heck, if it can just offer this phone with stock Froyo -- you've got perhaps the best Android phone ever made."

Can you hear me now?
    01-12-2011 07:28 PM
    got this rom rockin now too

01-12-2011 07:47 PM
    I was around that, too, but then I under-volted and OC'd to 1.2 Ghz. Sick.

Edit: weird pic (1635). Here's the latest:

1724 = Yikes.

01-12-2011 07:51 PM
    Swype working for anyone? It wont let me change to swype.

I saw somewhere you can use swype with the gingerbread keyboard.

01-12-2011 08:17 PM
    Swype works fine for me.
    01-12-2011 08:30 PM
    Swype working for anyone? It wont let me change to swype.

I saw somewhere you can use swype with the gingerbread keyboard.

You can indeed. In the languages & keyboard section and check the Gingerbread keyboard. Then open a blank txt message, long press in the blank body of the txt field and a pop up with "Input Method" will appear. Tap that and select swype. You'll be good from there.
    NickB2005 likes this.
    01-12-2011 08:35 PM
    You can indeed. In the languages & keyboard section and check the Gingerbread keyboard. Then open a blank txt message, long press in the blank body of the txt field and a pop up with "Input Method" will appear. Tap that and select swype. You'll be good from there.
    hahaha jeez simple as that. Yupp it worked!
    01-12-2011 08:43 PM
    so i just switched to the gummyjar 2.5 last week from apex 1.3.1 (both very amazing roms btw) and from the responses on this rom i've decided i'm going to take the plunge. my only concern is battery life. i need roms with GREAT battery life since i work valet and am on my phone 80% of my 9hr shifts (its business season so theres not much going on at the resort except boring conferences) basically i text, play games, and surf the web the whole time and even after switching roms AND bought a 1750 milliamp battery for my dx but even still i don't get that great of battery life. i do charge my phone every night and it usually doesn't come off the charger until i leave for work around 1pm. normally i have to stop using my phone around 7 which sucks. i know my usage is definitely a reason for my phone dieing but when i read people's post about phone usage being in the 13-17hr range, it makes me want to know exactly how. so if anyone can give my some feedback on the battery life along with any other tips i would greatly appreciate it =)
    01-12-2011 08:51 PM
    Where's the 10% battery increments?

DXmeatclaws via talkatap
    01-12-2011 08:57 PM
    Here's a question - anyone know where the hell the Liberty Wallpapers are stores? I've got the yellow on black one as my main wallpaper, but want to use the black on yellow with widget locker. I've torn the system apart in astro and cannot freaking find it.
    01-12-2011 09:00 PM
    Here's a question - anyone know where the hell the Liberty Wallpapers are stores? I've got the yellow on black one as my main wallpaper, but want to use the black on yellow with widget locker. I've torn the system apart in astro and cannot freaking find it.
    All I did to change was hit the menu button, then wallpaper and then liberty wallpaper and picked the black one and hit save and boom it worked.
    01-12-2011 09:20 PM
    i need roms with GREAT battery life since i work valet and am on my phone 80% of my 9hr shifts (its business season so theres not much going on at the resort except boring conferences) basically i text, play games, and surf the web the whole time and even after switching roms AND bought a 1750 milliamp battery for my dx but even still i don't get that great of battery life.
    I get the same Quadrant score with DarkSlide 4.2 and I get 32+ hours out of the stock battery.

Motoroid, did you rest your battery stats? After installing a fast ROM, preferably a blurless or minimal blur ROM, charge your battery to 100% and then reset your battery stats in recovery.
    rob_ashsu and jwcarroll01 like this.
    01-12-2011 09:20 PM
    With Root Explorer - /system/app - scroll down to LibertyWallpaper.apk

Hit that and it'll ask you to install, view, or cancel I was able to view without installing.

Not sure if this helps or not.
    Bald Steve likes this.
    01-12-2011 09:34 PM
    I get the same Quadrant score with DarkSlide 4.2 and I get 32+ hours out of the stock battery.
    I flashed from DarkSlide v4.2. I loved the looks of it and it ran smooth. I OC'd to 1.2 and it ran great.

Liberty has changed the game though, off the bat this ROM ran better than the previous two I had.
    WAldenIV likes this.
    01-12-2011 09:38 PM
281 1234 ...