03-17-2011 02:53 AM
281 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I love this rom I just really want Blur Dialer, Gallery, and Messaging back...

Stock Android messaging has me texting the wrong people stuff... I'm going to get in trouble! lol

Then install the apk's for thoes i guess......
    01-13-2011 06:40 PM
    Have them or links to them?
    01-13-2011 07:03 PM
    anyone else having contact ringtone issues?
    Yep, custom ringtones for contacts is hit and miss for me. I had the same bug with GummyJar.

Man, I sure hope they get it sorted out and find out what is calling it out.
    01-13-2011 07:10 PM
    Quick question can I get Backup assistant back on this rom?
    01-13-2011 07:10 PM
    I can tell my battery life doesnt appear as good already as it was on DarkSlide.
    It seems like early test show a big difference in the hours I was getting but so far thats the biggest issue I seen .Same battery confiquration as when on DarkSlide .
    01-13-2011 07:34 PM
    I can tell my battery life doesnt appear as good already as it was on DarkSlide.
    It seems like early test show a big difference in the hours I was getting but so far thats the biggest issue I seen .Same battery confiquration as when on DarkSlide .

Id give it a few days before saying it's the rom. Battyery life for me has been better than it was with gummy.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-13-2011 07:52 PM
    You power through a lot of battery re-installing apps and changing all the settings. I got through the day, but I was fiddling with it all day.
    01-13-2011 08:10 PM
    I love this rom I just really want Blur Dialer, Gallery, and Messaging back...

Stock Android messaging has me texting the wrong people stuff... I'm going to get in trouble! lol
    Have you tried Handcent? Or Chomp? Chances are if you like ROMs, you like customizing your phone. The options and changes you have in Handcent are just about endless.
    01-13-2011 08:13 PM
    How long is it taking everyone to download a theme via toolbox

It was taking about 10 minutes this morning. I imagine those themes were getting hit hard today.
    01-13-2011 08:17 PM
    its taking for ever for me to download themes >.<
    01-13-2011 08:18 PM
    its taking for ever for me to download themes >.<
    thats because this is the hottest rom to ever hit the x. be patient. if you look at a page or two back you can find a direct link to all the add ons and themes. also, if you go to the droid forums there are mirrors for the themes. download them and place in sdcard/liberty/download. once here you can easily install from the liberty toolbox. i've been swapping back and forth between themes over the past few days.
    01-13-2011 08:42 PM
    Im going to have to follow the crowd on this one. After hearing all the raw power of this ROM why SHOULDNT I try it out? I am going to wait a few days before I flash tho just so the servers cool down and I can hear everyone's opinions on battery life, speed after settling in, and all that good jazz. And those OC speeds....wow. The highest I hit with my DX was 1660 on GummyJAR HIGH VOLTAGE at 1.3. The only thing I think that would stop me is the fact that just today I removed the data throttling on my X with this link

{MOD} GummyJar 2.5 watermarkd services.jar WITH data throttling removed!!

I HAVE noticed an increase in my data flow and would hate to lose that. I assume that if it can be done in GJ that it can be done in LIB. But i'm going to be honest and say that it would be out of my league because i'm still relatively new to the whole scene.
    01-13-2011 09:11 PM
    Im going to have to follow the crowd on this one. After hearing all the raw power of this ROM why SHOULDNT I try it out? I am going to wait a few days before I flash tho just so the servers cool down and I can hear everyone's opinions on battery life, speed after settling in, and all that good jazz. And those OC speeds....wow. The highest I hit with my DX was 1660 on GummyJAR HIGH VOLTAGE at 1.3. The only thing I think that would stop me is the fact that just today I removed the data throttling on my X with this link

{MOD} GummyJar 2.5 watermarkd services.jar WITH data throttling removed!!

I HAVE noticed an increase in my data flow and would hate to lose that. I assume that if it can be done in GJ that it can be done in LIB. But i'm going to be honest and say that it would be out of my league because i'm still relatively new to the whole scene.
    You can remove the throttling in Liberty also.
    01-13-2011 10:28 PM
    Quick question can I get Backup assistant back on this rom?
    Not that I've found. I haven't been able to on most of the roms I've tried. You should be fine just using google.
    01-13-2011 11:04 PM
    Wow, This ROM is nice. They did a really nice job. I came over from apeX and I'm not going back...
    01-13-2011 11:13 PM
    *Sigh* I just installed ApeX 1.3.1 a couple of weeks ago. Spent another week getting everything set back up just the way I like it... an now this! Doh!! I am really dreading doing it all again so that I can get a taste of the Liberty! The life of a tech junkie... is not... an easy one!!!
    01-14-2011 10:12 AM
    So one quick question. As I stated in my above post I am running ApeX 1.3.1. Can I just format data and cache and install overtop of it or do I need to flash my stock 2.3.340 nandroid back and then flash Liberty? Thanks in advance all!!

Nevermind I found the answer to this.. looks like you can only install on top of gummy 2.5 or stock.
    01-14-2011 10:51 AM
    Ok guys, love this rom! I know everyone hates City ID, but I'm an electronic tech who spends alot of time on-call, and city id is handy cause when a property calls, i prettymuch know what property is calling from the city displayed. I installed the apk as system, with the correct permissions, but it will not display calling city/state. I also do supscribe to this sirvice. it worked great on Apex 1.3.1. Anyone else use it notice problems? Thanks guys!
    01-14-2011 11:08 AM
    Really love this room but I've had atleast a dozen fc and acouple reboots. Not quite as fluid as gummyjar. On my x anyway

01-14-2011 11:35 AM
    Flawless ROM, well done gents......Being it is a gummyjar base, runs just like gummyjar did, speedy!
    01-14-2011 11:43 AM
    PS, JRummy's Toolbox is the best I have seen a ROM get. Great work Kejar and JRummy.
    01-14-2011 11:47 AM
    Ok guys, love this rom! I know everyone hates City ID, but I'm an electronic tech who spends alot of time on-call, and city id is handy cause when a property calls, i prettymuch know what property is calling from the city displayed. I installed the apk as system, with the correct permissions, but it will not display calling city/state. I also do supscribe to this sirvice. it worked great on Apex 1.3.1. Anyone else use it notice problems? Thanks guys!
    I reinstalled cityid after switching to Liberty and I too cannot get it to show the city and state of an incoming call. The app works fine otherwise.

Oh, one thing that I have noticed is that the app can't seem to communicate with the server that keeps the subscription data... you can verify this by clicking on the "check subscription status" button (whatever the wording is) in the app. I don't know if that has anything to do with the app not being able to display the city info during an incoming call though.
    01-14-2011 11:55 AM
    First issue. Changed Tex drop down. I always use adb commands for this but hey its in the rom so why not. I deleted the Tex of liberty and kept it blank. Hit save and was told to reboot. Did a reboot and it turned on with no service. I rebooted again and liberty Tex was still there.

Just an update:

Editing the text on the pulldown bar didn't work for me until I changed to the Revolution theme.
    01-14-2011 01:11 PM
    PS, JRummy's Toolbox is the best I have seen a ROM get. Great work Kejar and JRummy.
    do you need JRummy's app in order to use the Overclock script? Or, since it's built into the ROM, I assume this means, you can simply use Terminal Emulator? Also, if I use the Overclock script, do I still need SetCPU? I'm trying to find the best way to save on battery life.
    01-14-2011 02:54 PM
    I can't get my rotary lockscreen to come up, anyone know how to fix that problem?
    01-14-2011 04:42 PM
281 ... 34567 ...