[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Make sure your downloaded rom file is the full 115mb, I had to download a few times to get the whole file. I guess the servers were getting hammered last night.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I couldn't wait...

I've had it installed for about an hour now and have been monkeying around with it. So far this may be the fastest ROM I've used. Need to let it "settle in" though.

The transitions are quick and I haven't noticed any lag yet. If you're trying to download themes or anything from the toolbox be patient though. There are a lot of people trying this out and the servers are very congested.

I'll keep reporting back. :)

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I got these rom up and running and titanium also installed just fine on mine.

However, getting a theme wasn't working or was just taking too long for my liking. So I will hold off on that.

My biggest question is I wanted to put a liberty wallpaper and when I choose it and hit save nothing happens it doesn't appear on my screen.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
People...this ROM is insane. It rockets through tasks. Seriously, it freaking flies. Liberty Tools are just amazing. No disrespect to other ROM devs, but the planning, design, and execution that went into Liberty are on a completely different level. It's loaded to the gills with content like killer wallpapers, fonts, overclocking, and you can even switch the VERIZON WIRELESS verbage in the notification pull-down to whatever you want. The entire thing is customizable from top to bottom. I've never used anything that rivals it, which is the best part: A lot of devs are really going to step up their games when they see it. Expect great things. This is the first true super-ROM.

Great job, Kejar and Jrummy. Home run. Coin coming when I get paid from gigs this weekend :cool:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your downloaded rom file is the full 115mb, I had to download a few times to get the whole file. I guess the servers were getting hammered last night.
When I rebooted I noticed I still had the Apex boot screen (the Liberty "war eagle" screen was replaced by the Apex "android" screen). So I figured something got knockered up in the flash process. All I did was wipe/flash again.

Works beautifully. Works better than beautifully. I can see this ROM replacing Apex on my device. Ultra fast and the extras are awesome.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
People...this ROM is insane. It rockets through tasks. Seriously, it freaking flies. Liberty Tools are just amazing. No disrespect to other ROM devs, but the planning, design, and execution that went into Liberty are on a completely different level. It's loaded to the gills with content like killer wallpapers, fonts, overclocking, and you can even switch the VERIZON WIRELESS verbage in the notification pull-down to whatever you want. The entire thing is customizable from top to bottom. I've never used anything that rivals it, which is the best part: A lot of devs are really going to step up their games when they see it. Expect great things. This is the first true super-ROM.

Great job, Kejar and Jrummy. Home run. Coin coming when I get paid from gigs this weekend :cool:

I was gonna wait a bit but after reading the above....

"cause tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight , oh ohhhhh" - Phil Collins playing in my head.....

Edit: I just read an old review from Engadget on the Droid X and thought I'd share.....

"From a hardware perspective, this phone is pretty much a bang-on execution of what a high-end mobile powerhouse should be, but Motorola clearly still has work to do in order to play in the same software league as HTC does with Sense. If it can get there -- or heck, if it can just offer this phone with stock Froyo -- you've got perhaps the best Android phone ever made."

Can you hear me now?

Last edited:

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, 1486 on Quadrant without OC. I'm really liking this ROM.

I was around that, too, but then I under-volted and OC'd to 1.2 Ghz. Sick.

Edit: weird pic (1635). Here's the latest:

aefe3530-5b86-83c3.jpg

1724 = Yikes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Swype working for anyone? It wont let me change to swype.

I saw somewhere you can use swype with the gingerbread keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20