[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Swype working for anyone? It wont let me change to swype.

I saw somewhere you can use swype with the gingerbread keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can indeed. In the languages & keyboard section and check the Gingerbread keyboard. Then open a blank txt message, long press in the blank body of the txt field and a pop up with "Input Method" will appear. Tap that and select swype. You'll be good from there.

Reactions: NickB2005

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You can indeed. In the languages & keyboard section and check the Gingerbread keyboard. Then open a blank txt message, long press in the blank body of the txt field and a pop up with "Input Method" will appear. Tap that and select swype. You'll be good from there.

hahaha jeez simple as that. Yupp it worked!

rob_ashsu

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
so i just switched to the gummyjar 2.5 last week from apex 1.3.1 (both very amazing roms btw) and from the responses on this rom i've decided i'm going to take the plunge. my only concern is battery life. i need roms with GREAT battery life since i work valet and am on my phone 80% of my 9hr shifts (its business season so theres not much going on at the resort except boring conferences) basically i text, play games, and surf the web the whole time and even after switching roms AND bought a 1750 milliamp battery for my dx but even still i don't get that great of battery life. i do charge my phone every night and it usually doesn't come off the charger until i leave for work around 1pm. normally i have to stop using my phone around 7 which sucks. i know my usage is definitely a reason for my phone dieing but when i read people's post about phone usage being in the 13-17hr range, it makes me want to know exactly how. so if anyone can give my some feedback on the battery life along with any other tips i would greatly appreciate it =)

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question - anyone know where the hell the Liberty Wallpapers are stores? I've got the yellow on black one as my main wallpaper, but want to use the black on yellow with widget locker. I've torn the system apart in astro and cannot freaking find it.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question - anyone know where the hell the Liberty Wallpapers are stores? I've got the yellow on black one as my main wallpaper, but want to use the black on yellow with widget locker. I've torn the system apart in astro and cannot freaking find it.

All I did to change was hit the menu button, then wallpaper and then liberty wallpaper and picked the black one and hit save and boom it worked.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow, 1486 on Quadrant without OC. I'm really liking this ROM.

i need roms with GREAT battery life since i work valet and am on my phone 80% of my 9hr shifts (its business season so theres not much going on at the resort except boring conferences) basically i text, play games, and surf the web the whole time and even after switching roms AND bought a 1750 milliamp battery for my dx but even still i don't get that great of battery life.

I get the same Quadrant score with DarkSlide 4.2 and I get 32+ hours out of the stock battery.

Motoroid, did you rest your battery stats? After installing a fast ROM, preferably a blurless or minimal blur ROM, charge your battery to 100% and then reset your battery stats in recovery.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

With Root Explorer - /system/app - scroll down to LibertyWallpaper.apk

Hit that and it'll ask you to install, view, or cancel I was able to view without installing.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bald Steve

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I get the same Quadrant score with DarkSlide 4.2 and I get 32+ hours out of the stock battery.

I flashed from DarkSlide v4.2. I loved the looks of it and it ran smooth. I OC'd to 1.2 and it ran great.

Liberty has changed the game though, off the bat this ROM ran better than the previous two I had.

Reactions: WAldenIV

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmm how long should I wait for my theme to download it is taking forever. And I don't want boot loops.

Yeah, you might want to manually download. Their servers are extremely congested right now. Here's the link JRummy provided on Droid Forums:

Index of /files/developers/jrummy/JRummy/DroidX/ROM/Liberty/Downloads/toolbox_downloads

After you download put the files in the downloads folder in the liberty folder on your SD card then you can install through the toolbox.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I flashed from DarkSlide v4.2. I loved the looks of it and it ran smooth. I OC'd to 1.2 and it ran great.

Liberty has changed the game though, off the bat this ROM ran better than the previous two I had.

I needed the DS to Liberty comparison, so thanks. Now I'm officially tempted. I hate having to get everything set up again, though.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I have to say... I just poped my rom cherry with Liberty and the entire time (all like 10 minutes it took - ha) I was repeating to myself "Don't F' up! Don't F' up!".

All I have to say so far is, it's SOO fast! I don't know why I waited so long to go to a custom rom!

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I needed the DS to Liberty comparison, so thanks. Now I'm officially tempted. I hate having to get everything set up again, though.

Yeah, I felt the same way. But after reading through all the comments on DF about Liberty I decided to go ahead and flash over.

I've got the re-set up process down to a science now though ;)

rob_ashsu

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Motoroid, did you rest your battery stats? After installing a fast ROM, preferably a blurless or minimal blur ROM, charge your battery to 100% and then reset your battery stats in recovery.

How exactly does thatbtake care of it, not to sound rude, i just like to know whats going to happen before i actually take the plunge into doing something. And what does it mean to undervolt? I know what overclocking is and i normally run my phone at 1.3 but when i hear about these long battery lives theres always talk of undervolting thank you by the way for the help provided

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
installed, and i love the speed. very slick. gotta admit though, i miss some blur elements, and the 2.3.340 dialer. ill give it a run for a few days at least

edit: actually started playing with the toolbox a bit, and found most of the blur add-ons i wanted. coolness. taking forever to d/l though; are the servers still getting hit that hard?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton