The Best Theme For Liberty 1.0?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Revolution Remix nixed the Market for me and others. :eek:

I need to retract this... I did a clean install of Liberty after wiping my Data and Cache and System, then I installed the Revolution Remix rom with no problems with the Market.

I had prviously installed Liberty over GummyJar 2.5 without wiping Data and Cache. I suggest to everyone that it would be safer/better to wipe Data and Cache before installing Liberty over GummyJar 2.5 ;)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So I installed the LibertyX ROM (my first custom ROM). I changed the wallpaper, then later changed the themes a couple of times. When I change the theme, the wallpaper does not change. Is that normal?

Google tends to remember your wallpaper preference. It is funny. I have changed several android devices and my wallpaper choice on my phone seems to be a part of the cloud and makes in on to my next device/rom/theme....normal.

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Google tends to remember your wallpaper preference. It is funny. I have changed several android devices and my wallpaper choice on my phone seems to be a part of the cloud and makes in on to my next device/rom/theme....normal.

So, with the wallpaper staying the same, most of the themes look the same...lol

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Do NOT use this, I did last night and was caught in a boot loop and had a hard time booting into recovery. I finally got it after many attempts and restored my Nandroid backup.

And yes, the Revo Remix f'd my market app. If that happens to anybody else just reinstall the liberty ROM (no need to wipe anything / at least for me).

Then go to manage apps and clear data and cache for the market app.
Hope that helps anybody that runs into any of these issues.

I'd still love to find a green battery option though, I love Fab's ROM and the apeX Revo theme! Miss the look of that battery icon...

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Not even...check notification bar, market, menus, pop ups, system widgets and many more.......wallpaper really don't even make a theme.....

Maybe I'm missing something. When I install a new theme, my phone restarts, in ClockworkMod Recovery, with a few options. I have been selecting the "reboot system now" option. Am I doing this all wrong?

Please bear with me....this is my first custom ROM.

Thanks

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something. When I install a new theme, my phone restarts, in ClockworkMod Recovery, with a few options. I have been selecting the "reboot system now" option. Am I doing this all wrong?

Please bear with me....this is my first custom ROM.

Thanks

Apparently the themes didn't download correctly. I went into my sd card, and deleted them, and redownloaded them. They work fine now. So the reason all of the themes looked the same was because they were the same. Works great now.

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I currently have Mysterious Beast installed, and like it pretty well. Kind of reminds me of BlackNBold, one of Derek's Droid 1 themes. Check it out!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I love the boot animation in that Black, White, and Chrome theme. :D

I went back to Revo Remix for now, but I kept the bootanimation from BWC. :cool:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
:cool:
snap20110114_182034.png

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Which theme is this one? Did it theme the Market like that as well?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Which theme is this one? Did it theme the Market like that as well?

after you install the black,white,chrome theme it will put a folder on your sd card called BlackWhiteChrome , the black market theme is in that folder in the addon's folder , just have to flash it and market is black like that ;)

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i always liked the gala x stuff, i used it early on before most of these roms came out.. i saw that it was an option for liberty and flashed right away.
now i have a cool theme i like and a great rom!
I do prefer a number in the battery meter, but other than that i like it