Help with LibertyX ROM

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So I installed my first ROM, the LibertyX ROM. I got finished with the flash, and it rebooted. It comes up, and says Liberty, followed by start-up animation, with th eagle turning, but it won't go past that. Suggestions???

Thanks,

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
That's weird, I've been running Liberty for 2+ days now and I've never even seen that Liberty start-up animation you are describing lol. I've flashed a ton of changes to the rom as well, themes, fonts, pulldown banner, etc. and I usually had that fugly ANDROID animation.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
That's weird, I've been running Liberty for 2+ days now and I've never even seen that Liberty start-up animation you are describing lol. I've flashed a ton of changes to the rom as well, themes, fonts, pulldown banner, etc. and I usually had that fugly ANDROID animation.

Lol did you wipe everything before you installed the rom. Your missing stuff.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: ddodge68

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Nope, I came from GummyJar 2.5, so I didn't wipe. Other than that, the only "problem" I have is a Force Close when selecting Spare Parts from the Liberty Settings in Menu/Settings. I was able to download and install Spare Parts from the Market though.

Does the Spare Parts icon normally show up in a Liberty rom install? I'm guessing it should because it's in the Liberty settings, no?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I wiped everything twice....even if I don't have to, it seems to help with system nicks that hang out from a previous system. (maybe I am placebo)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Cool thing about liberty tool box. Just back up all apps and data, wipe data and cache, restore apps, and restore LLP settings from backup. Might be a easy fix.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So I installed my first ROM, the LibertyX ROM. I got finished with the flash, and it rebooted. It comes up, and says Liberty, followed by start-up animation, with th eagle turning, but it won't go past that. Suggestions???

Thanks,

We would all feel better if you are good to go?:)

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I just did that entire process Rider.....not sure if it will make a difference? It is easy, and worth a try though. You could back everything up, factory reset, re install the ROM, and just restore your apps and screen settings.

After doing that I had to reboot.....then 4 processes had framework errors. Rebooting again :(

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I did something majorly wrong. Had to boot into recovery via toolbox. Recovering stable nandroid. Did that happen to you too Rider?

Edit, didn't work.....I believe bootstrap was affected......*ugh*

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Cool thing about liberty tool box. Just back up all apps and data, wipe data and cache, restore apps, and restore LLP settings from backup. Might be a easy fix.

I'll give that a go, thx. :)

Just wiped Data and Cache, wiped System, reinstalled Liberty rom and I can tell already that the install is correct this time from a clean install. Got the Liberty startup animation, my Spare Parts doesn't FC from the Liberty settings menu now.

Restoring everything now...

Thanks. :)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the over post....but I had to allow the update (.zip) file I keep on my SD card (liberty ROM), then reinstall bootstrap, and rom manager. I am starting all over with a fresh install.....Oh well, I wiped the data and cache again....Not going to get to crazy with the toolbox.....I did something wrong...now just to retrace my steps and see......

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just wiped Data and Cache, wiped System, reinstalled Liberty rom and I can tell already that the install is correct this time from a clean install. Got the Liberty startup animation, my Spare Parts doesn't FC from the Liberty settings menu now.

Restoring everything now...

Thanks. :)

LOL! Glad it worked.....I think I got careless and restored apps twice, not once....OY! I am starting fresh again any way:cool:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital