Rooting explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporman1

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Can someone give me a good explanation on what rooting is all about? Is it Illegal?? I am sure that one of you nerds with no girlfriend or wife can tell me this information!!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can someone give me a good explanation on what rooting is all about? Is it Illegal?? I am sure that one of you nerds with no girlfriend or wife can tell me this information!!!!

well that wasn't very nice thing to say, and very prejudice... but whatever,...Rooting is not illegal , but it will void your warranty.

rooting just means that you have modified files, to gain permission to alter system files.
the process would be equivalent to finding your house is locked, jumping in through a window and unlocking the door from the inside.

ill go back to my world of war craft and my victoria secret advertisments now.

vaporman1

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just joking around. This phone is going to make me a nerd anyway. It is so nice and blows away the Iphone. The Iphone looks like it is made for idiots to use!!!

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow now iPhone users are idiots? Well...actually nevermind. :)

I play world of warcraft. Dont look at Victoria Secret catalogs...I have a wife that wears that stuff for me.

This phone didnt make me a "technologically gifted" person. Only perpetuated it. Dont like the term nerd. That implies that I am a small, frail, skinny, *pushes glasses up on face with finger* nerd. lol.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I have a wife and two kids. This phone and rooting fun is my escape from them. And if we were all nerds with no girls that would know about rooting then what would that make you as you want to do this too. If you have a girl be prepared to be dumped. I know your joking but man what a not so nice way to ask for help. Now I forget what you were asking. Rooting is for geeks and you don't know what your doing and will break your phone and be back asking the nerds how to fix your brick. Good luck and read a lot before you go nuts. We charge one night with your girlfriend/wife to fix your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vaporman1

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am not the smartest guy out there but when you looke at the Iphone, it looks like it is made for a 10 year old and very simple. I have had the Droid X for a week now and LOVE it....The only drawback is the battery life but it could be from me playing with it all the time....I take the train into work and just learned to tether for free which is cool and it is fast....

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
That was a bit uncalled for coming from someone that was asking for help about a topic that could have been found on Google just by searching for "what is rooting?". Usually when someone needs help with something they ask nicely, right?

While most of us appreciate a good dig on the iPhone I'm not sure that makes it any better.

I prefer "geek" personally, and I have a wife and a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia