I've tried quite a few ROM's (darkslide, Apex,Gummyjar, the new liberty) and can't seem to find one that doesn't have Email or GPS issues. DarkSlide is the worst,the re-invented liberty was bad for that too and put the phone in a permanent airplane mode. Apex was the only one of the lot that could actually handle exchange email. where might I find one that has exceptional performance as well as connectivity. and for some reason, my stock ROM keeps sync running ALL the time. Apex did that, (the sync arrows on the notification bar always on) and now even after SBFing to .340 the stock rom does it, but Darkslide and liberty didn't so idk whats up with that either, everything I have done I have followed instructions to the T. Stock ROM reboots all the time all on its own, plugged in or not I have wiped my SD card, wiped everything, but the stock ROM would randomly reboot before I ever rooted the phone, lol it seems as if these phones all have their own little android inside them, each with their own personality.
    01-19-2011 03:55 PM
    I have no problems with ApeX. It actually fixed some problems I was having with the stock Rom. There should also be a newer version of ApeX being released soon.
    01-19-2011 04:04 PM
    that would be great I liked Apex it just seemed a little..... well I can't quite put my finger on it but it was just missing something
    01-19-2011 04:09 PM
    apex is my choice as well, i have no issues at all... and i have tried the new liberty 1.0, came back to apex... as stated in another thread " solid as a rock " if you are having issues with mail syncing its probably not because of the rom... sounds fixable
    01-19-2011 05:20 PM
    +1 for rubiX

Apex, GummyJAR, Liberty and many others are all great. Infact, many are based off of each other and have devs that cross over between projects.

My advice is to just find one that you like over all and then hit the official forum for that ROM. They can help you work out any issues you are having.

At this point, the main reason I prefer rubiX over Liberty, Apex, GummyJAR is the support community they have. That's not to say that the other ROMs communities aren't great, I've just spent time and energy helping support rubiX.

Liberty is nice though, love the toolbox.
    01-19-2011 05:44 PM
    I'm diggin the Fission 2.5.7 - no problems - lean and mean and a great ROM manager...
    01-19-2011 05:51 PM
    I have no problems with ApeX. It actually fixed some problems I was having with the stock Rom. There should also be a newer version of ApeX being released soon.
    There's hints (not confirmed) that it'll come with a toolbox as well, seems to be the trend now. Early Feb is my guess.
    01-19-2011 07:44 PM
    It sounds like you haven't properly wiped your data and cache before installing the ROMs. Some people recommend doing both twice before installing.

Also, don't use Titanium Backup to restore everything immediately after installing a custom ROM. This can cause the never ending sync problem. You need to be very selective about what is restored by TB.
    01-20-2011 11:31 AM
    .. to add I had no problem with darkslide or liberty , others already stated they had no problem with apex as well , and you having problem with all 3 is forsure bad luck .

I dont know what to add that hasnt been added ,other then hope you get it solved ,....do you try the incredibly re-enginereed X rom ? yet
    01-20-2011 01:14 PM
    What are the email and GPS issues that people are having?

I've been on Rubix up until 1.95, GummyJar 2.5, and now Liberty 1.0 and my
    GPS worked fine. The only email trouble I've had is with the Gmail app itself.
    Sent messages sitting in the outbox and not sending until I clear data from
    the app. Been an issue even when I was on stock for a few days. For email
    I just use K9. Everything pushes perfectly on three accounts. I'm amazed
    that it's free.
    01-20-2011 02:53 PM
    I've tried quite a few ROM's (darkslide, Apex,Gummyjar, the new liberty) and can't seem to find one that doesn't have Email or GPS issues. DarkSlide is the worst,the re-invented liberty was bad for that too and put the phone in a permanent airplane mode. Apex was the only one of the lot that could actually handle exchange email. where might I find one that has exceptional performance as well as connectivity. and for some reason, my stock ROM keeps sync running ALL the time. Apex did that, (the sync arrows on the notification bar always on) and now even after SBFing to .340 the stock rom does it, but Darkslide and liberty didn't so idk whats up with that either, everything I have done I have followed instructions to the T. Stock ROM reboots all the time all on its own, plugged in or not I have wiped my SD card, wiped everything, but the stock ROM would randomly reboot before I ever rooted the phone, lol it seems as if these phones all have their own little android inside them, each with their own personality.

I have used Darkslide without any issues, I dont understand what you mean its the worst??
    01-20-2011 05:13 PM

I have used Darkslide without any issues, I dont understand what you mean its the worst??
    I think he was just saying that he had the most problems with DarkSlide regarding his email and GPS. We've already established that some of his experiences with these ROMs are out of the ordinary.

On topic: I think the most stable ROM right now is Apex. Personally, I run Liberty, but I really liked Apex while I was using it and can't wait for a new update.
    01-20-2011 06:42 PM
    Few tips when installing ROMs

- Wipe data/cache before installing
    - wipe data/cache after
    - for themes mount/system mount/data
    - when restoring let the market apps download first...then restart
    - if you are using titanium....try to only restore app data....

some of that may be overkill and it does make hopping from rom to rom harder but since i started doing that stuff I have had very few issues.

just my two cents
    01-20-2011 07:01 PM
    I have run them all. GJ, RnX, DarkSlide, Liberty, Apex any way, and I must give it to Apex....that ROM ran as good as my stock one. Lately liberty is plaguing my phone with data connection failures. Don't get me wrong, it is sweet ,and they will get things fixed, but Apex leaves in just enough blur to run good, with a great battery life.....re flashing now.
    01-20-2011 07:24 PM
    I have been running Liberty without any issues since Tuesday. Loving the Black White Chrome theme.
    01-21-2011 09:48 AM
    lovin the evo but what rom is best
    05-26-2011 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD