Fab to work on Apex this Weekend

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Just got a tip that Fab might be working on Apex this weekend and is looking for suggestions. just post them here, I'm sure he'll be looking in.;)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
A toolbox. Not all like liberty but some options like replacement m logo and themes. Really can't make it much better as its such a awesome rom!

Sent from my LibertyX

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see a services.jar hack that removes "Throttling" or at least a script that would allow you to add or remove this hack.
It's not new and used on some roms now. He didn't notice any differences with the hack when I asked him about it.
IMO though this won't "give" you anything as far as bandwidth goes but "prevent" any bandwidth from being throttled. I really don't know if this is all hype but you got to admit it sounds pretty darn bad a$$.

I'm gonna paste here the best explanation of throttling I found on the net here to help explain what it is.................

"It works like this:
* You get a shiny new smart phone that "does"
* You get the unlimited data plan so that you can "do"
* The man, says that unlimited isn't really unlimited
* but they don't really tell you that part
* If you use more data than "the man" likes, they start to slow you down

So basically on an unlimited data plan, if you go over 5gb of usage per month, you get throttled (they slow down your connection). This can also be the case in congested metropolitan areas (like D.C.).

By removing the throttle, you are not letting your android phone accept "the man's" terms of the slow down, and you can run at full capacity all the time."

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
One of the features I like most about Liberty is the option to change the lock slider. The regular slidelock always lagged so bad on my device, but with the rotary lock it works perfectly with no lag at all.

Also with apex I noticed apps didn't open as quickly as they do with liberty.

Those are what I like about liberty, obviously the tool box as well, but Im still thinking about restoring my apex nandroid just for the battery life.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will try it like I said liked the 1.3.0 ApeX but 1.3.1 for me had issues with an app .I dont think you should have to enter scripts into a rom to get an app to work without FC ,anyhoo that was my experience .

+1 on the toolbox , but looking forward to his next update :)

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the toolbox suggestion. But honestly I am at a loss coming up with anything else. 1.3.1 is smooth as butta on my X and I have had no issues at all. I think Fab has left just enough Blur behind, so I hope that continues. From the reading I have done on the other ROMs available people are adding back the Blur elements to those ROMs that Fab already left in his. Just my .02

kramerica

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the toolbox suggestion. But honestly I am at a loss coming up with anything else. 1.3.1 is smooth as butta on my X and I have had no issues at all. I think Fab has left just enough Blur behind, so I hope that continues. From the reading I have done on the other ROMs available people are adding back the Blur elements to those ROMs that Fab already left in his. Just my .02

+ 1

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
anything fab comes up with which shows the quality and improvements over stock that the last two apex versions have shown will surely make it to my phone in short order, followed by money for Infinity farbles over paypal...

off-topic: i have ADW EX working fine on my phone with apex 1.3.1, but reboots always result in the plain ADW version running as default. i then press the home key and get ADW EX back again (presumably with plain ADW also still running in the background, but i dunno). so, how can i remove the apex-stock plain ADW from the phone?

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I love this guys ROM! I have tried them ALL too:) I am loving the battery life and data reliability;) When I get my big ol' check at the end of Feb, Fabs Apex talked me into buying him a twelve pack! ha ha. Having blur sync, and video, and some other things are foul ball to remove. They work way to well to mess up with reverting to the previous ASOP. If Fab does de blur it, I hope he has ROM 2 available with the correct amount of blur to keep the X in top shape.

Liberty toolbox is OK, but most those thinks can be done without one. It is neat though, and I hear people fracking their phones with it lol!

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
anything fab comes up with which shows the quality and improvements over stock that the last two apex versions have shown will surely make it to my phone in short order, followed by money for Infinity farbles over paypal...

off-topic: i have ADW EX working fine on my phone with apex 1.3.1, but reboots always result in the plain ADW version running as default. i then press the home key and get ADW EX back again (presumably with plain ADW also still running in the background, but i dunno). so, how can i remove the apex-stock plain ADW from the phone?

Launcher - FabDroid Wiki

Reactions: dahlheim

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dern. sorry, my bad. thanks!

oh but wait, still doesn't work. i had already renamed the Launcher.apk in /system/app to Launcher.apk.bak. i ran the launcher script with -rm argument and got an error about not finding Launcher.apk. i renamed that back to Launcher.apk and ran the script again. no error. i reboot, and i still get plain ADW running at boot, needing to press home again to have ADW EX back (and leaving me wonder if ADW is chewing up resources in the background unnecessarily. hmph. any thoughts?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
How about some more of those Gingerbread highlights, like the glow when you scroll to the top or bottom of a list?

And the rotary lock would be a sweet option since the regular lock still lags quite a bit. Stupid Motorola.

Any other improvements like speed and battery life are welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles