flashing a stock rom backup question?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i would bet there is an easier way, lol. ok so i have a stock rom backed up on my sd card... it is in a clockworkmod> backup folder and just renamed to "stock rom". i also have a apex backup there as well named "apex backup" however when i reboot in to recovery, i cant install them because they dont apear to be .zip files... so what did i do wrong? how would i instll my stock rom for future references?

Last edited:

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Your doomed. It will never work.

Actually im kiddding! When you make backups with CWM it saves them as actual images and not applicable .zip files.

To restore an backup you will need to boot into recovery. Go down to "Backup and restore". In that menu you will see options for Backup, Restore, and Advanced Restore.

Select Restore and you should see the files there. For me they are just named as Dates that the backup was performed. For instance, the earliest I know for a fact is my stock backup. Since you have them named you might see something different.

Reactions: bear_lx

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ok gotcha.... sounds easy enough. so same process just not installing .zip from sd card... you installing a file from backup and restore.... thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy