Which ROM would you use?

Which ROM is better?

• Total voters

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
you liking the new rubix? reviews so far seem to be mixed.
I haven't had a single issue. Been using rubiX since 1.6.

Every major issue I have seen with rubiX is because people don't read the instructions and do a wipe data/cache before installing. That's especially true in this version because the framework switched over to GummyJAR.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you have UD installed, there are a TON of features, you can install different fonts, boot animations, themes, nightly disable notifications, all sorts of stuff.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a single issue. Been using rubiX since 1.6.

Every major issue I have seen with rubiX is because people don't read the instructions and do a wipe data/cache before installing. That's especially true in this version because the framework switched over to GummyJAR.

ah, i see. yup, and that seems to be the problem for most whom dont do a full wipe when installing a new rom. how is the theme support so far? liberty is off the charts!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
sounds like liberty. so, have you successfully installed UD?

I have on my Droid 1 and it runs great. However I'm on the fence about installing it on my DX.. wanted people's opinions.. I like Apex, like it's smoothness, lack of blur, and green colors.

can liberty be setup with green? I am not a fan of yellow.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
ah, i see. yup, and that seems to be the problem for most whom dont do a full wipe when installing a new rom. how is the theme support so far? liberty is off the charts!

Theme support is great...i'd say 4-5 quality guys putting stuff out...
the rubiX themers need to migrate their stuff after the 1.97 update though since it's a GummyJAR base now.

Technically though, any theme that works with GummyJar 2.5 could work on rubiX. I ran one of Juicemane's Liberty themes and it worked fine. I would suggest making a backup first though. Just in case it's not 100% compatible yet. I don't know how all that stuff works but that's what I heard.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Theme support is great...i'd say 4-5 quality guys putting stuff out...
the rubiX themers need to migrate their stuff after the 1.97 update though since it's a GummyJAR base now.

Technically though, any theme that works with GummyJar 2.5 could work on rubiX. I ran one of Juicemane's Liberty themes and it worked fine. I would suggest making a backup first though. Just in case it's not 100% compatible yet. I don't know how all that stuff works but that's what I heard.

yea, makes sense. i think it all comes down to the framework in these roms and whether or not themes can be shared across roms. since rubix is using gummy for its base, then makes since a liberty theme would work on the new rubix.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have on my Droid 1 and it runs great. However I'm on the fence about installing it on my DX.. wanted people's opinions.. I like Apex, like it's smoothness, lack of blur, and green colors.

can liberty be setup with green? I am not a fan of yellow.

honestly, from what i read on the UD forums the X version is not working properly and is recommended to stay away from. Not only that, but support for the rom no longer exists.

so, with liberty if you like green you'll need a theme. And dude, there are so many themes now I lost count. edit: ok, I counted...there are over 35 themes!!!!!

Here are a few in green for Liberty:

Theme List:
Liberty Theme List - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

[THEME] Black Juice GREEN Ginger for Liberty 1.0 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

[THEME] BigDX Serenity For LibertyX ☢ 8 Colors to Choose From!! ☢ - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Liberty v.1.5 is my favorite so far, while I have Darkslide v.4.2 as my other rom of choice. I love almost everything about JRummy & Kejar's work on this rom and I look forward to any future updates.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Liberty 1.5 for now. Dialer, and themes are sick. This Rom just screams CUSTOM.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Woot ! yeah liberty 1.5 wins cant think of a reason to give it up yet on my x

Liberty v.1.5 is my favorite so far, while I have Darkslide v.4.2 as my other rom of choice. I love almost everything about JRummy & Kejar's work on this rom and I look forward to any future updates.

yeah DS4.2 is still a favorite of mine as well

Last edited: