Liberty ROM & GPS Navigation Issues

tinmannick

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to share this and hope it helps someone out.

I just flashed the Liberty ROM (love it btw!) and had issues with my Google GPS Navigation. Everytime I would try and run the app it would state checking navigaiton ability continuously. I tried running it over two days, rebooted my phone and flashed the ROM again with no luck. I was able to use Google Latitude and it would lock in on me with no problems.

I did a little research and found an app in the Market called GPS Status & Toolbox (free). It has a feature which will clear the cache and reset your GPS. Here is a clip from their website:

This tool was primarily created to check the state of your phone and GPS. If your phone's GPS is behaving erratically there is an option in Settings | GPS & Sensors | Manage A-GPS state which allows you to reset the GPS. This action will delete all received and cached data. (Please note that even a phone restart and battery removal cannot reset your GPS correctly because the data is stored persistently inside the GPS chip.)

My Google Navigation runs smooth and FAST! Hope this helps someone.

PS it's a great app too besides the fix it did for me.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Some roms do this. Easy fix. Open maps and type where your looking for. Click it when its found and select navigation. It will start navigation and work with no issues. Next time you need it just open navigation like nothing ever happened.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: GivenToFly