[ROM] rubiX Blurry 1.8 for the Droid X

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
rubiX Blurry 1.8 for the Droid X

A blur based rom for the Droid X tweaked for speed and better battery.

Changelog:
[*]SMART One-Click Overclock App (QuickClock for rubiX) (Credit to Paul Anderson?s amazing work!)
* This is a very brilliant OC app. It configures specifically for your device, and OC?s to the BEST value, and voltage settings for your phone.
**If your max speed turns out to be <1100, it will only overclock to 1100. This is for the sake of Overclocking, and the safety of your device to not push it higher.

2.3.340 Base
Edited tweaks for better battery consumption
Market apps install to data on first boot

SCRIPTS: Credit to Fabulous, JRummy, Sephtin and myself.
adblock: block or view ads
apps: run the script for directions. If you choose restore, you must reboot after for it to take effect
backup: backs up all of your user apps. backup -bk is the correct way to run the script
calc: remove/restore the calculator
blurcar: remove/restore the blur car home app
dxeye: remove/restore the DX LWP
email: remove/restore the email app
fixperm: fixes permissions (credit Koush)
genie: remove/restore the news/weather app
messaging: switch between the AOSP messaging app and the BLUR messaging app
office: remove/restore QuickOffice: Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
sys: write the system read/only (-ro) or read/write (-rw)
zipalign_apks: zipaligns all the apps in system. Unnecessary since this is ran on every boot!

Updated sysctl and kernel tweaks. You guys will find this nice and speedy

Download & Install Thread: rubiX Blurry 1.8 for those who don't like to see straight... - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

WIPE DATA & CACHE UNLESS YOU LIKE BOOTLOOPS
seriously, wipe data & cache, really...not kidding.

rubiX was created by drod2169. I'm just posting it here for him.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Flashed this yesterday to try out. So far so good The Smart Overclocker is the first I seen like that I think . :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Flashed this yesterday to try out. So far so good The Smart Overclocker is the first I seen like that I think . :)

yeah it's sweet.
the script if based on the Quickclock app. Drod and QC's dev put it in rubiX for free.

i wish my DX could go above 1074Mhz though :/

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
To early for me to know exactly how the battery life is right now for myself I will keep an eye on for next couple days.
I did reset my battery stats after battery was 100% charged tho .

yeah it's sweet.
the script if based on the Quickclock app. Drod and QC's dev put it in rubiX for free.

i wish my DX could go above 1074Mhz though :/

In default profile mine calulates to be 1191mhz,

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I always had great battery life on Focused. I don't like blurry because I prefer AOSP roms.

I have an extended battery.
I go 0600 - 2300 with 40% - 50% left when I charge at night.
I usually charge for about 10 minutes in the car 2 times a day (to and from work, have a car dock)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life on a 1750 mah with moderate use was 24hrs on a charge .Anything over 20 hrs and I am happy with :D

My stock battery is at 50% and phone has been on for 12 1/2 hrs , light use but begining to be moderate use since last 2 hrs.

alanmv567

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
just a question, im on droid x system version 2.3.20, would i need to go back to stock ota first then update to 2.3.340 then be able to install this? thanks in advance

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
just a question, im on droid x system version 2.3.20, would i need to go back to stock ota first then update to 2.3.340 then be able to install this? thanks in advance

So this is the method that I have heard is the best option at this point for getting to .340.
it works if you are coming from .15, .32 or if you just need a stock .34.

maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

EDIT: be sure you follow the steps exactly because no one likes to SBF.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech