rubiX Blurry 1.8 for the Droid X

A blur based rom for the Droid X tweaked for speed and better battery.

Changelog:[*]SMART One-Click Overclock App (QuickClock for rubiX) (Credit to Paul Andersons amazing work!)
    * This is a very brilliant OC app. It configures specifically for your device, and OCs to the BEST value, and voltage settings for your phone.
    **If your max speed turns out to be <1100, it will only overclock to 1100. This is for the sake of Overclocking, and the safety of your device to not push it higher.

2.3.340 Base
    Edited tweaks for better battery consumption
    Market apps install to data on first boot

SCRIPTS: Credit to Fabulous, JRummy, Sephtin and myself.
    adblock: block or view ads
    apps: run the script for directions. If you choose restore, you must reboot after for it to take effect
    backup: backs up all of your user apps. backup -bk is the correct way to run the script
    calc: remove/restore the calculator
    blurcar: remove/restore the blur car home app
    dxeye: remove/restore the DX LWP
    email: remove/restore the email app
    fixperm: fixes permissions (credit Koush)
    genie: remove/restore the news/weather app
    messaging: switch between the AOSP messaging app and the BLUR messaging app
    office: remove/restore QuickOffice: Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
    sys: write the system read/only (-ro) or read/write (-rw)
    zipalign_apks: zipaligns all the apps in system. Unnecessary since this is ran on every boot!

Updated sysctl and kernel tweaks. You guys will find this nice and speedy

Download & Install Thread: rubiX Blurry 1.8 for those who don't like to see straight... - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

WIPE DATA & CACHE UNLESS YOU LIKE BOOTLOOPS
    seriously, wipe data & cache, really...not kidding.

rubiX was created by drod2169. I'm just posting it here for him.
    01-30-2011 12:06 PM
    reserved for something
    01-30-2011 12:08 PM
    Flashed this yesterday to try out. So far so good The Smart Overclocker is the first I seen like that I think .
    01-31-2011 05:53 AM
    Flashed this yesterday to try out. So far so good The Smart Overclocker is the first I seen like that I think .
    yeah it's sweet.
    the script if based on the Quickclock app. Drod and QC's dev put it in rubiX for free.

i wish my DX could go above 1074Mhz though :/
    01-31-2011 06:15 AM
    Hows the battery life?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-31-2011 06:24 AM
    To early for me to know exactly how the battery life is right now for myself I will keep an eye on for next couple days.
    I did reset my battery stats after battery was 100% charged tho .

yeah it's sweet.
    the script if based on the Quickclock app. Drod and QC's dev put it in rubiX for free.

i wish my DX could go above 1074Mhz though :/
    In default profile mine calulates to be 1191mhz,
    01-31-2011 06:32 AM
    I always had great battery life on Focused. I don't like blurry because I prefer AOSP roms.

I have an extended battery.
    I go 0600 - 2300 with 40% - 50% left when I charge at night.
    I usually charge for about 10 minutes in the car 2 times a day (to and from work, have a car dock)
    01-31-2011 06:41 AM
    Does this support HDMI?
    01-31-2011 11:58 AM
    Does this support HDMI?
    I don't believe so but I could be wrong.
    I'd head over to the blurry thread and ask. Someone there should be able to help.
    I'm running focused and it doesn't work.
    01-31-2011 12:20 PM
    My battery life on a 1750 mah with moderate use was 24hrs on a charge .Anything over 20 hrs and I am happy with

My stock battery is at 50% and phone has been on for 12 1/2 hrs , light use but begining to be moderate use since last 2 hrs.
    02-02-2011 04:54 AM
    just a question, im on droid x system version 2.3.20, would i need to go back to stock ota first then update to 2.3.340 then be able to install this? thanks in advance
    02-03-2011 10:33 PM
    just a question, im on droid x system version 2.3.20, would i need to go back to stock ota first then update to 2.3.340 then be able to install this? thanks in advance
    So this is the method that I have heard is the best option at this point for getting to .340.
    it works if you are coming from .15, .32 or if you just need a stock .34.

maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

EDIT: be sure you follow the steps exactly because no one likes to SBF.
    02-04-2011 06:34 AM