Information worth knowing about... (Rooted Ringtones)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This may be some information to know...

I just learned something that rooted users may not know because this is the 1st time I decided to try this but I noticed that if you are rooted and you copy ringers to the root directory System >> Media >> Audio >> Ringtones or Notifications you can use them through default Settings >> Sounds without issues.

I thought that this only worked on the SD Card because of the root access required, by doing this I can now use my SD Card Mass Storage without effecting my ringers settings... I am surprise that I didn't try this sooner.

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This may be some information to know...

I just learned something that rooted users may not know because this is the 1st time I decided to try this but I noticed that if you are rooted and you copy ringers to the root directory System >> Media >> Audio >> Ringtones or Notifications you can use them through default Settings >> Sounds without issues.

I thought that this only worked on the SD Card because of the root access required, by doing this I can now use my SD Card Mass Storage with effecting my ringers settings... I am surprise that I didn't try this sooner.
(I unmounted my sd card because of some gallery crashing issues, and on the reboot all my call,notification,sound settings where OFF, as w a y off. some contacts would ring and some wouldn't. Notification was set to another it was all crazy). So if I move sounds from sd card to system/media/audio/ringtones-notifications, it will still recognize my current settings?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
(I unmounted my sd card because of some gallery crashing issues, and on the reboot all my call,notification,sound settings where OFF, as w a y off. some contacts would ring and some wouldn't. Notification was set to another it was all crazy). So if I move sounds from sd card to system/media/audio/ringtones-notifications, it will still recognize my current settings?

Yes, From the test that I have been able to do, it should not effect you alerts or ringer settings, I pulled my sd card out completely and all my alerts where still set without issues. This should also resolve ringers and alerts changing when card is mounted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781