So i download obsidian's rom from rom manager and it looked ok at the start but after an hour i noticed the only apps that had finished installing from the market were google maps and handcent sms. So i tried cancling the download and tried manually installing them and got a pop up message saying "sorry, not enough space to install this item" (6bg free on phone, 2gb free on sd card by the way) so formated the card and that didnt help... there is no default file browser app so i cant install from an apk, the market apps wont download, cant reboot into clockwork rec. So how the **** do i get rid of this ****ty rom or access my back-ups with outa a app. There is a terminal emulator but im not to farmillar with that so i someone knows a command prompt that will help im all.
    02-03-2011 07:19 PM
    That sounds like it blows... I can't help you but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can. Try Liberty 1.5 when you have a simi-functioning DX again.... one that can at least reboot into clockwork.
    02-03-2011 07:28 PM
    Liberty was my rom before i tried this one, only reason i left it was cuz none of my music apps work on liberty (slacker, pandora, double twist, stock music player)
    02-03-2011 07:58 PM
    You should have just tried reinstalling Liberty again to see if that fixed the problem. Liberty was in such high demand that people were having problems with incomplete downloads and thus a misfunctioning rom. ....all of my music apps work perfectly on Liberty.
    02-03-2011 08:20 PM
    I used this rom with no issues. Did you read up first about it? Its not done and won't be finished. Gps and camera/ video don't work. As for the market I had this happen on some roms. Go to applications market and wipe cache and data. This rom wad awesome but nobody can figure out how to get some stuff working as it is completely built from source. The dev is now working on another rom team for the droid. I believe another team has picked up work on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    02-03-2011 08:44 PM
    doesn't obsidian have it's own recovery? I know there were / are compatibility issues with it and other roms.
    02-03-2011 11:11 PM
    obsidian has its own recover and isnt compatible with jrummy's bootstrap you should read up on how to use it and flash their version of the clockwork mod to get into recover and then you have options
    02-04-2011 12:01 AM
    <soapbox>
    don't user rom manager to install roms until you already know how to do it the right way.
    it makes things WAY to easy and if you haven't read up on stuff fixing things can be stressful and time consuming.
    trust me, i've been there...
    </soapbox>
    02-04-2011 06:21 AM
    Obsidian ditched their recovery for bootstrapper on that release. And what boot strapper did jrummy make. Bootstrap and clockwork are by koush.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    02-04-2011 07:32 AM
    <soapbox>
    don't user rom manager to install roms until you already know how to do it the right way.
    it makes things WAY to easy and if you haven't read up on stuff fixing things can be stressful and time consuming.
    trust me, i've been there...
    </soapbox>
    x2 .............
    02-04-2011 12:37 PM