[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

bst5005

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The Rom is absolutely awesome. I definitely plan on donating. I did a search and didn't find anything about this, but im sorry if it has already been addressed in 1.3.1 or 1.4. I have the Motorola dock that i use at night for an alarm clock and to charge my phone. Is there any way to have the phone stay at the dimmed clock screen instead of going into the blue clock(with date an alarm)? Thanks

ekyle

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does it still have the Blur dialer? That thing gives me the UID 1001 sensor issue on every ROM it is on :(

EDIT: Just installed it. I still get that d*** UID1001 issue after phone calls...

EDIT2: So far I'm getting a lot of lag and force closes. I think I'm going back to Fission :(

Yes, I did a factory reset first.

Last edited:

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Rom is absolutely awesome. I definitely plan on donating. I did a search and didn't find anything about this, but im sorry if it has already been addressed in 1.3.1 or 1.4. I have the Motorola dock that i use at night for an alarm clock and to charge my phone. Is there any way to have the phone stay at the dimmed clock screen instead of going into the blue clock(with date an alarm)? Thanks

Change it back to the Blue alarm clock application via toolbox.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Just saw this bad boy pop up in Clockwork Mod, anyone have success throwing it over 1.31 without wiping, I hate having to download all my apps again...and beat angry birds again...ok really its about angry birds...

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Just saw this bad boy pop up in Clockwork Mod, anyone have success throwing it over 1.31 without wiping, I hate having to download all my apps again...and beat angry birds again...ok really its about angry birds...

Lol I stopped playing angry birds cause of flashing new roms often. You will have no issues over 1.3.1. Have fun and enjoy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Lol I stopped playing angry birds cause of flashing new roms often. You will have no issues over 1.3.1. Have fun and enjoy.

Thanks for the help, in bootstrap backing up now, then flashing with clockwork thanks for the advice again.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just installed this rom in place of liberty 1.5. Seems much more stable so far. Am new to this whole rom thing and was wondering if there is a list of compatible themes for 1.4? I didn't know if installing a theme yet would cause some problems with this newer version of the rom.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just installed this rom in place of liberty 1.5. Seems much more stable so far. Am new to this whole rom thing and was wondering if there is a list of compatible themes for 1.4? I didn't know if installing a theme yet would cause some problems with this newer version of the rom.

I'm using REVOlution without a problem.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Anyone have data stop working. I lost data all last night and today. Put data throttle back and did a *228 and in about 10 min it came back. Flashed a backup of 1.4.0 with throttle removed and again no data. Weird.

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Running the stock 1.4, can't seem to move icons around the screen or drag to trashcan, anyone else having this problem?

I had this happen as well. Battery pulls didn't help. Had to flash back to a previous/working state. 1.4RC2 working smoothly now. fyi....I did wipe, before installing.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Installed ApeX 1.4 last night and am putting it through the paces today. So far, so good. Some initial thoughts and one problem:

1. I couldn't get my calendar synced to google and was getting FCs of com.services.framework.gapps (I think - can't remember the exact error) every time I tried to sync through Accounts. I couldn't even open the calendar. I went into Calendar through Applications, deleted user data, rebooted and it was fixed and synced without issue.

2. ApeX is FAST and STABLE. Seriously, this ROM is a rocket and I haven't had a single reboot.

3. Wifi Tether - Love that this is included and works out of the box. Love that data-throttling can be taken care of in the toolbox. And speaking of...

4. The toolbox is great and easy to use. I have no problems whatsoever modding and updating in Terminal Emulator, but I think if Fab is looking to attract even more new users he's gotta match Liberty with a dedicated toolbox app like they have. It's much more visually appealing and easy to use, especially for newer Android users who might be uncomfortable with Terminal Emulators. Don't get me wrong - I think is it awesome and find it very user-friendly, I just think that something in-ROM that is accessable via a tap on an icon would be easier and less intimidating to those who are jumping into this stuff.

5. Along those lines, additional toolbox options that would be great for less-experienced modders would also include font-swapping (I just went in through clockwork and flashed my beloved DECKER), boot animation swapping (I do it in ROM Manager), notification bar icons (I am fine doing this in Metamorph), and changing the VERIZON WIRELESS text in the drop-down to whatever we want (this I am not comfortable doing on my own). Please correct me if these options are in the toolbox and I just haven't found them yet.

6. GREAT JOB, FAB. I'll be hitting you off when I get paid off gigs this weekend. I haven't been back on ApeX for a little while now (ApeX => RubiX => GummyJAR => Newer RubiX => Liberty 1.0 => Liberty 1.5) and this version is just awesome. I'm off to a great start.

Last edited:
Reactions: kentusmc

bigxie

Dec 6, 2010
fabdroid.com
Hey guys, my site went down so Toolbox and links are broken at the moment. I'm trying to get this resolved ASAP. Hang on ;)

EDIT:

Ok, the site is back up! There's a 99/100 chance the download link directs you to Mediafire though. Sorry :(

But the toolbox is working, which was my primary concern.

Last edited:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Bootloop central. I've never had a flawless flash with Apex. Going back to Liberty.

edit: Once I figure out how to get my phone to start up again....

double-edit: Wiped data/cache 10 times in stock recovery. Still bootlooping,

triple-edit: Here we go sbf!

quadruple-edit: So I downloaded the sbf file, plugged my phone in to my computer, started up RSD Lite, and my stupid X must have felt so threatened by my attempts to send it back to the dark ages that it decided to end this bootloop fiasco. Started right up.

Anybody selling an iPhone for cheap?

Last edited:

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Bootloop central. I've never had a flawless flash with Apex. Going back to Liberty.

edit: Once I figure out how to get my phone to start up again....

double-edit: Wiped data/cache 10 times in stock recovery. Still bootlooping,

triple-edit: Here we go sbf!

quadruple-edit: So I downloaded the sbf file, plugged my phone in to my computer, started up RSD Lite, and my stupid X must have felt so threatened by my attempts to send it back to the dark ages that it decided to end this bootloop fiasco. Started right up.

Anybody selling an iPhone for cheap?

I had these same issues when leaving Liberty, I've seen a few others with these too. Not sure if it's Liberty or not but that's where all my issues started. After SBFing I waited until Apex came out to install a ROM and haven't had any issues.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I had these same issues when leaving Liberty, I've seen a few others with these too. Not sure if it's Liberty or not but that's where all my issues started. After SBFing I waited until Apex came out to install a ROM and haven't had any issues.
This has been an issue since I first loaded Apex (was the first ROM I tried on my phone).

Maybe the two ROMs aren't playing nice, but I'll give this a try for a couple days.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This has been an issue since I first loaded Apex (was the first ROM I tried on my phone).

Maybe the two ROMs aren't playing nice, but I'll give this a try for a couple days.

Strange - For what it's worth I went from Liberty 1.5 to ApeX 1.4 and the process was pretty much seamless with the exception of having to wipe data from the calendar to get it syncing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney