Liberty 1.5 issues, worm, trojan?

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
What is going on, when I reboot my phone with the radios on, the phone automatically opens the browser and searches liberty 1.5 awesome, after that the phone is unresponsive to touch. All the buttons work but not the screen.

Last edited:

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
May have found a fix

Got some info: from a Google search of Liberty 15. awesome Liberty 1.5 takes over my phone? -Page 2 -Droid Forum -Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum look around post # 13
"Pull the SD card out reboot, go into any file manager and go to /system/lib/libgnakfoorp.so delete that file and you are good. Because I know linux well enough to know what to search for. Only happens when an SD card is mounted. In the Liberty folder is a .so file (A script designed to run when mounted) That script opens a Super user terminal, and runs that file I mentioned from the system folder. The .so in the system folder says the following # Why? 99% because it was fun as hell to make. 1% to mess with people's minds who try and remove credit :p

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
What is going on, when I reboot my phone with the radios on, the phone automatically opens the browser and searches liberty 1.5 awesome, after that the phone is unresponsive to touch. All the buttons work but not the screen.

Ok I'm a noob here, you reboot your phone while the radio is on??? Like FM radio? And you said radios, so you have more than one radio app going on. And this searching the browser for liberty....
I'm confused.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm a noob here, you reboot your phone while the radio is on??? Like FM radio? And you said radios, so you have more than one radio app going on. And this searching the browser for liberty....
I'm confused.

If I am reading information correct they are speaking about the phones radio being on... Other words the phone is powered on and not in airplane mode.

Hope the clarified things... The only thing with this is that this is even happening, that appears to be a little dangerous to configure this like this because if hijacked it can direct you to a infected site.. Not a wise option.

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
The only way to circumvent the bug is to turn off the cellular radios or to remove the SDcard, once the phone is up and running you can turn the radios back on, if that's how you prevented the bug, and delete the system file that is causing the issue. Then you have a perfect running, liberty infused X again.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The only way to circumvent the bug is to turn off the cellular radios or to remove the SDcard, once the phone is up and running you can turn the radios back on, if that's how you prevented the bug, and delete the system file that is causing the issue. Then you have a perfect running, liberty infused X again.

Thanks for the info. So his phone got hijacked! That would freak me out if some s-it like that happened to me.
Went to that thread and it appears it was intended for that dude who "rewrote" liberty for his girlfriend and then tried to pass it as his own a few weeks back...
62965c44-4ad0-3dbd.jpg

Remember this wallpaper? Well Jrummy and kjar has. Deleting that file mentioned above will save us from getting caught in the crossfire. Good find guys!

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
He f'ed up this was his explaination

Ok people, I sincerely apologize for any of this. Here is what happened:

I was talking to Jake (the dude that has the thread on sysctl.conf stuff in the forum) about scripting and I was showing him different things. I told him that I setup a program within liberty that can install an app or run a script for update purposes and I wanted to show him how it was done. I wrote a script that only gets executed once that googles Liberty 1.5 awesome and was going to ask him to reboot so he can see how it works. I got caught up with something else and forgot that I uploaded the script. The script is now deleted and it won't google liberty 1.5 awesome anymore.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty stupid but I still love the rom, I don't think I will run anything else until CyanogenMod drops for the X

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. CyanogenMod is a complete ROM, kernel and everything. Thanks to the locked bootloader, a kernel outside of the encrypted signature that Moto uses cannot be loaded to the phone. Without the Cyanogen core, I doubt we will see a Cyanogen release for the X.

There is a developer that recently joined Cyanogen that said he'd like to do it, cvpcs, I believe is his name. There is another group that has taken an all new approach to cracking the bootloader relying on a tool for Linux.

It's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. I went out and bought a Droid after purchasing my Droid X just to have a taste of CyanogenMod.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty stupid but I still love the rom, I don't think I will run anything else until CyanogenMod drops for the X

I wish it would be available for the x too, but at least for me it is for the dinc ,love

CyanogenMod7 nightlies maybe one day for the X who knows :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol