New to the forum along with newbie to the Droid world. Former iPhone user, so I must say the capabilities of restructuring the interface is a lovely thought to me. But where do I want to start?

Better yet, let me ask this question....Apex or Liberty?
    02-16-2011 11:00 AM
    Try them both. It's too easy to flash between ROMs to limit yourself to only trying one.

If I had to pick, though, I'd say Apex since it maintains a lot of blur apps and functions you'd be used to on your stock phone. Liberty is a bit more thinned out.

In the end it's up to you to decide which you prefer and you'd probably be really happy with either of them.
    02-16-2011 11:23 AM
    +1 for Apex. Once you decide on a ROM, don't forget to theme. I am slowly working my way through theming as I could not find a single theme that made me happy, so I am modding each piece with components from DroidPirate.com.
    02-16-2011 11:25 AM
    Apex! I tried liberty but missed some blur that apex let's you add back like alarm clock. Messaging and email. Its solid and fast with great battery life. Both are nice but im apex all the way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    02-16-2011 11:34 AM
    Looks like Apex is the way to go then
    02-16-2011 11:38 AM
    Apex! I tried liberty but missed some blur that apex let's you add back like alarm clock. Messaging and email. Its solid and fast with great battery life. Both are nice but im apex all the way.

QFT
    02-16-2011 11:42 AM
    Doesn't Liberty let you add back all the Blur you want using the Toolbox?
    02-16-2011 06:54 PM
    Doesn't Liberty let you add back all the Blur you want using the Toolbox?
    no it has some blur you can add back.
    02-16-2011 06:59 PM
    Try them both for sure, but I'm a Liberty guy all the way. The Liberty toolbox make every aspect of customizing the appearance and managing the functionality managing your X a breeze. I'm actually going to give Apex 1.4 a spin this evening myself, but I can't see leaving Liberty at this stage. We shall see, though.

Also, if you want to check out another killer ROM, try RubiX. I spent a lot of time on that one and absolutely loved it - The latest build (1.9) is fast as all get out and has the wifi tether unlocked and active at install. If you want blur Drod2169 (the dev) has a version with that, too.
    02-16-2011 09:07 PM
    Looks like Apex is the way to go then
    Also try DarkSlide - DarkSlide v4.2, its my pick.

Also dont forget to get Bootstrap (https://market.android.com/details?i...oidx.bootstrap) and make a backup before you start...
    02-16-2011 09:17 PM
    I would definitely pick Liberty and then Darkslide v.4.2 would be my second pick. Check out this link below as it gives a good review of current roms out right now.

ROM Review

No matter what rom you decide to use, remember to follow the install instructions very closely to avoid any potential problems. Have fun.
    02-16-2011 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD