DroidX Custom ROM

brother_esau

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Looking for the best custom ROM for my rooted DroidX. I'm pretty new to this and have ROM Manager on my DroidX. Any suggestions as to which ROM is the "best"?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Looking for the best custom ROM for my rooted DroidX. I'm pretty new to this and have ROM Manager on my DroidX. Any suggestions as to which ROM is the "best"?

There really isn't a such thing as a best rom but more like whats best for your needs because they offer a number of different options that is liked by different users for different reasons.. I prefer DarkSlide 4.2 from DarkSlide v4.2

pulldownsv4.2.jpg
market1.jpg

Last edited:

rh166c

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend the Liberty 1.5 rom truly amazing, almost no blur, highly customizable and easy to make changes with the liberty toolbox. Tried apex 1.4 yesterday, no comparison in my opinion. Your phone erl be so fast you won't know what to think, I use LPP With it also

sent from Saintzman's X

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Every rom will act a little different on your phone. Some people say that they have issues with liberty on there phone some say it the fastest that they have used. Go on the market a get an app called Droid Forums. Its has all the main roms and more information for you. Try all the main roms and decide for your self. I keep going back to Apex and Rubix I've had no issues with them but I also like some blurr with my roms.

rh166c

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Liberty 1.5 yet? I noticed that in going from 1.0 to 1.5 without a factory data reset I had some occasional problems so when I switched back from apex I did a reset and it is even beer than before. Apex was ok, main things I disliked was all the crap apps installed again and I don't like how you have to use terminal emulator to customize anything

sent from Saintzman's X

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried them all.
Apex and Liberty are good
i prefer rubiX, it's by far the fastest and most stable that I have seen. I've tried all the major ones

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I personally use Apex. but I think I'll recommend Liberty because of its handy toolbox which allows you to micro tweak specific elements of the ROM to your liking with ease.

I didn't notice any discernible differences between Liberty, and Apex speed wise. Its the user friendly GUI that separate them both, IMO. The hacks from Liberty's toolbox can be done on Apex as well, but it requires using the terminal, and is not as user friendly. I think you should also know that Liberty is about as AOSP as you can get on a Moto device, so that means you will NOT have access to the HDMI out feature, or other features that specifically rely on Motoblur.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i tried apex,darkslide,,rubix ,and liberty .id suggest trying any of those and make your own personal pick.

oh btw go liberty lol :p thats the one im on currently

sent using TaPaTaLk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I can not do any of the Blurless roms because I perfer the unversal inbox, email and text app than the ones installed... If they can do blurless but keep these options I would probally like them more, for not apex and DarkSlide are the ones for me.

Link is in the original post, click the word DarkSlide V4.2...

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I've tried them all.
Apex and Liberty are good
i prefer rubiX, it's by far the fastest and most stable that I have seen. I've tried all the major ones

I to like rubix and I have a question for you. Is there a way to get the blurr multitouch keyboard. I've looked and asked but know one has been able to help me.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Question to all the Rubix ROM users, I have to admit, I just tried the Rubix 1.9.7 Blurless version and it does move smooth but I still miss my Blur, I was on the developers site and it appears he may not be releasing a Blur version for this build, is this correct or did I misread the post.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Question to all the Rubix ROM users, I have to admit, I just tried the Rubix 1.9.7 Blurless version and it does move smooth but I still miss my Blur, I was on the developers site and it appears he may not be releasing a Blur version for this build, is this correct or did I misread the post.

rubiX Blurry 1.8 for those who don't like to see straight... - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

is the most current blur.
it's built on the same framework as focused 1.97.

I'm not sure why the version numbers don't match but I can assume that drod builds them as separate roms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03