Urgent help - clockworkmod recovery lockup

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I used ROM manager to create a backup ROM and wanted to test it out so I used "manage and restore backup" and in that process (bootloader restoring data, etc) it got to a file (dock_preferences.xml) and has been sitting there for about 20 minutes. Only thing I can think of now is pulling the batter...!!

Will I have to sbf if I do that? I really didn't want to have to do that.

Please help ASAP.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I used ROM manager to create a backup ROM and wanted to test it out so I used "manage and restore backup" and in that process (bootloader restoring data, etc) it got to a file (dock_preferences.xml) and has been sitting there for about 20 minutes. Only thing I can think of now is pulling the batter...!!

Will I have to sbf if I do that? I really didn't want to have to do that.

Please help ASAP.

sbf would be worst case. pull it. if its jacked let me know and ill help you with sbf.

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, just pulled the battery and re-started. I am having to go through the whole Android set up like it was brand new...

Do you suggest that I download ROM manager again and just try "manage and restore backup"...?

Trevor

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, re-rooting right now. Z4 showed I was still rooted but when I tried 'bootstrap recovery' it said it didn't have permissions.

One question though. Why go through "droid x bootstrap" to apply backup rather than using "rom manager"?

This is my first attempt of loading/backuping roms and things are going as well as expected. Thanks much for the help.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
OK, re-rooting right now. Z4 showed I was still rooted but when I tried 'bootstrap recovery' it said it didn't have permissions.

One question though. Why go through "droid x bootstrap" to apply backup rather than using "rom manager"?

This is my first attempt of loading/backuping roms and things are going as well as expected. Thanks much for the help.

the bootstrapper app is a must to flash any rom. For most it also just works better. I never had a problem with rom manager or bootstrap. If you did a factory reset or had to log in and set up the phone again you most likey lost root. With z4 is so easy to get it back. Hope it all goes well.

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
For some reason z4 isn't working good (sits for 10+ minutes before I give up on it). Couldn't I just use the cam + vol + power button method to get to the same thing??

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
For some reason z4 isn't working good (sits for 10+ minutes before I give up on it). Couldn't I just use the cam + vol + power button method to get to the same thing??

sometimes z4 is like that. Just give it a few times. If your talking about recovery it would be home and the power key. When you get the droid guy then hit the search key. Your now in stock recovery. You can wipe cache and data but can not load backups and stuff. Bootstrapper needs to be installed to flash a rom and also do other stuff in bootstrap recovery.

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I tried z4 numerous times (temp + perm) giving it 10+ minutes each never would work even after reboot. So I did the vol+cam+power button and did get into clockworkmod recovery, chose 'backup and restore' and chose the backup I created a couple days ago (same one I chose in rom manger earlier). It got to copying the same file (dock_preferences.xml) and has been there for about 20 minutes.

I am guessing at this point the backup is corrupt??? and this back up is a total loss. It passes the md5 checksum which I would think means that the file is (at least should be) ok..

Any suggestions, other than cutting my losses?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
OK, so I tried z4 numerous times (temp + perm) giving it 10+ minutes each never would work even after reboot. So I did the vol+cam+power button and did get into clockworkmod recovery, chose 'backup and restore' and chose the backup I created a couple days ago (same one I chose in rom manger earlier). It got to copying the same file (dock_preferences.xml) and has been there for about 20 minutes.

I am guessing at this point the backup is corrupt??? and this back up is a total loss. It passes the md5 checksum which I would think means that the file is (at least should be) ok..

Any suggestions, other than cutting my losses?

Did you rename the backup to anything or did you keep it as it was. If you changed it and have any spaces like "apex rom" it wont work. At this point just sbf and in 10 min you will have a nice new stock phone to start over with.

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
No I didn't rename it. Since I wanted to experiment other roms I guess now is my chance.

Do you know where I could get the full 2.3.340 sbf. I searched for hours last night and while I could find links they all seemed dead to me.

I think I have the 2.3.320 or 2.3.322 sbf and could update from there, but the 2.3.340 would save time.

Is this reletively common for these 'nandroid' or clockworkmod recoveries to be corrupt?

Trevor

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
No I didn't rename it. Since I wanted to experiment other roms I guess now is my chance.

Do you know where I could get the full 2.3.340 sbf. I searched for hours last night and while I could find links they all seemed dead to me.

I think I have the 2.3.320 or 2.3.322 sbf and could update from there, but the 2.3.340 would save time.

Is this reletively common for these 'nandroid' or clockworkmod recoveries to be corrupt?

Trevor

You looked in all the wrong places for hours. Look up. Yea see that top sticky in the rom section for the x. Yup full sbf right there. ;) read in the post and if you have questions about what to do let me know. You will need the sbf and rsd lite 4.8.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Right under my nose the whole time...oh well.

Running liberty now. will sbf back when (if) ready to go back to full moto blur.

Really though...'tntdroid' thank so much for holding my hand on this one. I have entered the world of cutom roms/backups and hopefully someday I can help somebody else through this to repay the favor.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Right under my nose the whole time...oh well.

Running liberty now. will sbf back when (if) ready to go back to full moto blur.

Really though...'tntdroid' thank so much for holding my hand on this one. I have entered the world of cutom roms/backups and hopefully someday I can help somebody else through this to repay the favor.

Hey no problem! We are a huge support team here and when I got into this over a year ago I had people helping me left and right with each step. Got to keep the help and sharing going around :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital