[NEW] Latest Market 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 BLACK .[UPDATE RELEASED]

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I really missed the DarkSlide black market theme and I finally found a user that customized it for the Latest Market 2.3.2 and I figure I would share... I am running this on Apex 1.4.1 and appears to work with others without issues.

UPDATE: These are the roms that I have verified that works with this custom Market installation..

Apex 1.4.1 - Verified Works
DarkSlide 4.2 - Verified Works
Liberty 1.5 - DOES NOT WORK
Rubix 1.8 - Verified Works
Rooted Stock 2.2.1 - Verified Works

Install Instructions:
1. Copy ThemedMarket_Black_2.3.2 to sd card
2. Boot into Bootstrapper
3. Mounts and Storage
4. Mount/System
5. Back button
6. Install zip from sdcard
7. Choose zip from sdcard
8. Select ThemedMarket_Black_2.3.2.zip
9. Enjoy

NEW 2.3.3 VERSION RELEASED AT [APP]::24-02-11::NEW Themed Market 2.3.3:: Neon and stock added::: - xda-developers

market1h.png

Original posted from [NEW] Latest Market 2.3.2 BLACK .[UPDATE RELEASED]

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Very nice. I dln right now!

Finished the DL and installed. Now I don't get anything but fc's. A little help here is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Very nice. I dln right now!

Finished the DL and installed. Now I don't get anything but fc's. A little help here is highly appreciated.

That is strange ih haven't had any issues since installing, is there a pattern when you see the FC issues? I notice you show you using Liberty 1.5, I noticed a few issues when I was using that rom with any apps that was modified outside its interface and I am wondering if this has something to do with it. Liberty seems to be finicky on all customizing extras.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, I installed Liberty and tested the installation and I see what the issue is, it appears fab has modified his vender apk in his rom and the apk contained in this install can not run correctly because these changes, so it appears for this to work on Liberty the file has to be created from the file in the rom with the modified image files...

For now I suggest you pull the Vender.apk from the Liberty rom and copy it back into the system/app folder and override the one installed and this should straighten you up, I will see what I can do about modifing the installation that will work on Liberty and post it when I have time unless someone else want to handle it. :)

If you need it posted let me know and I will post it for you.

One more thing to try is try clearing the markets data and see if it helps.

UPDATE: These are the roms that I have verified that works with this custom Market installation..

Apex 1.4.1 - Verified Works
DarkSlide 4.2 - Verified Works
Liberty 1.5 - DOES NOT WORK
Rubix 1.8 - Verified Works
Rooted Stock 2.2.1 - Verified Works

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is EVERY color market if you are interested:

[DOWNLOAD] Market Themes, 38 Different Themes

Thanks for link I will give them a test...

so this does not work if you dont have a rom? im just rooted.

If its configured like the one I posted it should work on rooted stock rom but if it doesn't work then sometimes you have to extract vender.apk and install with Root Explorer,

UPDATE: Just tested on rooted stock rom and it all of them should install and work fine.

Thanks for the link. I DL'd the black/red theme. But the installation gets aborted in clockwork. Any ideas?

Tried the all black theme as well and got the same results

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Try coping file vender.apk from zip and place in system/app directly

UPDATE: I just installed Liberty and tried to install from other link and Liberty is causing FC with them also, looks like you are not going to have any luck on Liberty, they install without issues on the other 3 roms I listed above.

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
tried booting with bootstrapper. didnt work. cleared data, still nothing. extracted apk and hit install, wouldnt install. guess this might not be possible on stock rooted.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I installed on rooted stock without any issue through Bootstrap, also if you want to install directly you can not click to install you have to replace Vender.apk under system/app using a app like root explorer and change permission to match original files clearance.... They should work on stock without issues.

My market version is 2.3.3. I think I'm going to hold off.

Guess you a lucky one because 2.3.2 only been out a few weeks and 2.3.3 hasnt been reported to have been released... Care to share your Vendor.apk from system/app directory?

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I installed on rooted stock without any issue through Bootstrap, also if you want to install directly you can not click to install you have to replace Vender.apk under system/app using a app like root explorer and change permission to match original files clearance.... They should work on stock without issues.

i have no clue then why mine didnt work then using bootstrap. hmmmm

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Heres a crazy question.... Are you rooted and when you booted into Bootstrap what errors do you get if any???

yes, stock rooted...no errors.

loaded up the new HC boot animation this morning no problems. never have any issues with bootstrapper.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
yes, stock rooted...no errors.

loaded up the new HC boot animation this morning no problems. never have any issues with bootstrapper.

Well I'm drawing a blank because I have tested the installer on 5 roms and only Liberty gave me issues.... Have you tried to install by coping to Vendor.apk to system/app with root explorer and set permissions as below?

attachment.php

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm drawing a blank because I have tested the installer on 5 roms and only Liberty gave me issues.... Have you tried to install by coping to Vendor.apk to system/app with root explorer and set permissions as below?

attachment.php

i am able to extract the vending .apk from the themed market file but then i cannot copy/paste it to the system/app folder. it says the file is read only. when i change the permissions of the file to what you have check marked and press ok, when i reopen the permissiosn they have reverted to how they were originally checked.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yup i have had the new market auto pushed to my dinc last weekend. I havent check the x in a few days to see if it has tho. :)

sent using TaPaTaLk